MPG from 1.6 dci cvt

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

[quote="langy"] [quote="Eddzilla"]CAR OF THE YEAR 2014-3015?

Something should be done to verify Nissans claimed MPG. All manufacturers claim a high MPG and in reality it is not achievable. Though the real crime here is that the OBC is incorrect (in Nissans favour) compared with the "REAL" fuel consumption based on what's put in. Can't believe they get away with that. Who checks this stuff for the consumer?[/QUOTE]
From what I understand, all car manufacturers follow a similar test for working out the economy of cars. After a few seconds Googling, I found this article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/gre ... l-mpg.html Enjoy.
[/QUOTE]

Trouble is, it doesn't even match its own onboard display. Not surprisingly The display reads out better notably better than the reality.

Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

After 3 months and 5400 miles the car says I have done an average of 49.7mpg and working out the average from refills I get 46.11mpg so there isn't a great discrepancy and it appears to be getting smaller as time goes on and the graph I posted earlier suggests that economy is gradually improving.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

I've done about 3k of motorway driving since I got mine 6 weeks ago and am sitting at 45mpg. I do put my foot down though
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

10,000 miles under the wheels and the onboard says 45.7mpg. Quick calculation on the forecourt tells me it is generally actually doing about 40mpg. I do a fair bit of town (London) driving and see my fair share of traffic. I have saved 8kg of CO2 so I am happy with Stop/Start. There is a huge discrepancy between a motorway run at 70mph and 60mph, probably as much as 10mpg. Thankfully the last tank I bought cost £5/gallon (how old am I?) rather than the £6.50 I used to calculate my annual costs.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I haven't got a 1.6 but have been pleasantly surprised by the 1.5 diesel manual. It is consistently more economical than my previous Juke, which itself improved markedly over the first 20,000 miles.The Qashqai, obviously a bigger and heavier car, is already, with just 3500 miles on the clock, bettering the Juke very consistently. It averages an indicated 52mpg, where the Juke struggled to better 46mpg, and on a sensibly driven journey will achieve 60mpg.The worse I've had on a long journey was last Wednesday when I did 300 miles, mostly on the motorway at between 75 and 80 mph. The weather was poor and the outward half managed nearly 5mpg more than the return, for an overall average of 46mpg.I believe my Honda, which is a 4wd but not engaged for normal driving, would have done about 38mpg on the same journey, with 44 a best. Managed 50mpg only once ever so far on the 38,000 mile Honda, which was from the bottom of the M6 to Shrewsbury and Aberystwyth at a reasonable speed on crowded roads. I'm sure that the Qashqai would have hit 60mpg on that journey and the previous Juke about 55.None of these come near to their advertised official figure. However, their relative economy is in line with their official figures. I think that the 'urban' figure is realistic for my kind of driving on average with the 'combined' figure achievable if driven favourably.
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

My fuel economy below (52.6mpg), although it's a 1.6 manual 2WD. Taken over last 11k miles, so fairly accurate.
langy2015-02-05 13:23:39
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

more here on future proposed changes: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/columni ... nsumption/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D