Qashqai on PCP. Gauranteed final value

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
gibby9

Post by gibby9 »

The offers I got were 1.2 Acenta with metallic paint, RRP £20,680, offer price £17,667. Or 1.2 Acenta with metallic paint and smart vision ,RRP £21,175, offer price £18,113.

The offer was made through car wow and I only had rough finance figures. I have asked the dealer for a quote and will post back with the payment details and three year cost.

The lease comments are interesting and I will look into though I would prefer to keep the car for around 5 or 6 years, as long as running ok so maybe PCP is not for me.
2014 Acenta Premium - Gunmetal Grey

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

big_boz wrote:
AlleyCat wrote:
big_boz wrote:
Would be interested to know the full deal on the OP's quote, so what is the global cost of the car over the 3 years pre balloon.......
That's really where i was hoping to get to using lings lease as a cost comparison.
Leasing does have some pitfalls but it's quite often a good way to work out if a deal of any sort is worth doing.
I have no problem with people having their own opinion on things so please don't take this as a dig, but what "pitfalls" do you see with leasing over PCP, or indeed any type of car finance?

I hear this from people all the time and I get the impression that people in the main have some sort of inherent fear of leasing, just be interested to know what you (or anyone else who wants to chip in) see as the down sides.

To me it is the ONLY way I would ever "buy" a new car.
No dig taken :)

There are a couple of scenarios i can see as problems / risks.

It's a contract so if you lose your job you are stuck paying for something that you don't own.
PCP leaves you in a similar situation but there are different scenarios based on the "deposit" so it can be less catastrophic to walk away from.
A loan and owning the car outright does give you the option to liquidate the entire thing and, whilst you end up with no car, you aren't up the creak (comparatively)

Some of the lease companies really take the "proverbial" with regards to fair wear and tear which can be a gotcha.
Not a problem if you intend to buy the car afterwards but you can end up with unexpected bills.

Additional mileage charges apply to both lease and PCP and, in a scenario where you are a "cash for cars" company driver a sudden change in job requirement could leave you doing much larger mileage than expected.

I accept that last one is more "niche" but it's something that has to be taken into consideration for some people.

I don't necessarily have any issues with PCP/HP/Lease/Buying outright/Loan as each has its place but i think they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

It's always about the deal and hopefully it marries up with the car people want :)
Nissan no more...
gibby9

Post by gibby9 »

Ok. Got some figures back on the 1.2 Acenta with the smart vision.

Deposit of £2500 to pay with monthly payments of £216 over 3 years. Residual value/final payment is £10,010 with annual milage of 10,000.

Will need to have a think. Leasing may be cheaper but no equity in car at the end of term. Also the lease deals do not mention metallic paint? PCP also has three years servicing and roadside assistance.
big_boz

Post by big_boz »

Ok, so that comes to a total of about 500 quid more than leasing a 1.5d ntec+ in flat red, the only free colour. Ok the lease will have no equity buy its a better spec car and you pay less over the term and the car you get is more expensive in the first instance

Metallic wise, or indeed with any options on a lease you have to pay for in full over the term of the lease, so its always best to get a standard car, often it makes sense to go up a trim rather than add options, and if you are really driving the lease cost down pick a free colour.

As an aside I found the petrols more expensive to lease, I would sepctulate that this is down to residuals, with the diesels performing better. Remember effectively with a lease or a PCP you are in effect paying for the depreciation as the lions share of your payment.
65 Plate Quashqi 1.5DCI Ntec+, 15 Plate Passat GT, 1972 Vw Beetle, 02 Plate Alfa 147
BWA

Post by BWA »

gibby9 wrote:Ok. Got some figures back on the 1.2 Acenta with the smart vision.

Deposit of £2500 to pay with monthly payments of £216 over 3 years. Residual value/final payment is £10,010 with annual milage of 10,000.

Will need to have a think. Leasing may be cheaper but no equity in car at the end of term. Also the lease deals do not mention metallic paint? PCP also has three years servicing and roadside assistance.
There's not a chance I would run with that deal. Most people don't keep the car after PCP term so for me I would need to be pretty sure I was going to keep it for me to consider PCP. That residual is quite high for a lower spec car, remember there would only be equity in the car if they say it's worth more than the residual value at hand over and that difference would be the deposit on next car but only if taken from same dealer.
Also roadside assist is thrown in by Nissan no matter what purchase method.

I have taken a 65 tekna with pan roof in magnetic red (not the free red) on a 15,000 mile per annum 3 year PCH deal. I paid £570 deposit (only 2 months deposit) and £285 a month. That's great deal in my opinion and I have it on good authority the finance company will sell it to me at end of term if I so wish
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
big_boz

Post by big_boz »

That is a cracking deal BWA is that personal Inc vat? I had to bargain hard to get the 255 on a 3+35 with the 60 pound fee for a non met ntec+

Metallic (not white) added 12 a month petrol over derv added 16.
65 Plate Quashqi 1.5DCI Ntec+, 15 Plate Passat GT, 1972 Vw Beetle, 02 Plate Alfa 147
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

I don't understand why anyone would want to own any car these days that is newer than 2007 build. There is so much to go wrong on them, which is not cheap to fix. Tyre pressure sensor fault at 3 years old = MOT fail - and that's the cheap option, DPF's, dual mass flywheels, airbags and sensors everywhere - great for safety etc. but just more to go wrong.

I own a 2004 PT Cruiser as a "weekend" car and have my 65 plate NTEC+ on a 2 year PCH. They're welcome to it back then as it'll start costing to keep on the road

In My Opinion, of course ;)
BWA

Post by BWA »

big_boz wrote:That is a cracking deal BWA is that personal Inc vat? I had to bargain hard to get the 255 on a 3+35 with the 60 pound fee for a non met ntec+

Yes that's on a personal PCH and includes VAT. Even better is that the deal is with my local Nissan dealer who beat the best online offer I could find. Ordering in the last week of registration change month helped as dealers are really pushed to hit sales figures in that month.
Loving the Tekna and the magnetic red is a stunning colour, I've not seen any more locally which is nice.
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
big_boz

Post by big_boz »

BWA wrote:
big_boz wrote:That is a cracking deal BWA is that personal Inc vat? I had to bargain hard to get the 255 on a 3+35 with the 60 pound fee for a non met ntec+

Yes that's on a personal PCH and includes VAT. Even better is that the deal is with my local Nissan dealer who beat the best online offer I could find. Ordering in the last week of registration change month helped as dealers are really pushed to hit sales figures in that month.
Loving the Tekna and the magnetic red is a stunning colour, I've not seen any more locally which is nice.
Nissan were well off the pace for me, Best they could do was c.£290 a month + fees and were not willing to move on the number, I think original quote was over £300. They were only really interested in pushing a PCP, seemed unable to grasp that I am an accountant and I am a leaser, got the point of being insulting truth be told.

My VW was marginally cheaper from a non direct source but main dealer could supply me a car in 3 weeks, standard lead time of the Passat is 24 weeks now which is bonkers. There can be huge differences though and it is well worth shopping around, on a number of occasions I have found Ca4lease (where the QQ is from) are very competitive. (I am nothing to do with them by the way, just a repeat customer)
gibby9

Post by gibby9 »

ca4lease
Did you mean car4leasing as ca4lease brings up a dodgy looking Japanese site? Unless its along the same line as Lings but even weirder?