Order and dealer

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Rayban1532

Post by Rayban1532 »

Hi All

Just ordered a N-Connecta 4X4 Ink blue with Comfort pack and Executive pack on 29th July. I have rang the dealer twice trying to get some indication of delivery dates but get no call back as the sales person is always unavailable. I don't care if it is 14 weeks but would like to have some indication.

Does anyone know if it take some time for Nissan to give a date back to the dealer?

Thank you in advance

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

That could be situation, if they hadn't got orders in the pipeline that matched your spec.

Disgraceful salesman is now ignoring you having got his order; insist on speaking to Sales
Manager on phone; if still no joy, literally make a noise in dealership in earshot of other potential customers.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Rayban1532

Post by Rayban1532 »

Thanks Gel

Two phone calls later and the usual we will get back to you, finally got an answer (well wife did as I was getting fed up) So 22nd of July should arrive at the dealers which is pretty quick. Now if they will ever let me know it has arrived, will wait and see. Not the best start. I hope not all Nissan dealers are like that.
Gel

Post by Gel »

Some Service Depts. do the Nissan brand no favours, but vary greatly.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Rayban1532

Post by Rayban1532 »

Picked up new car on Tuesday. Really pleased with car. Struggling with Nissan connect and I am a software developer. Nissan are looking into the issue as seems that my car is down as not having latest connect though car was built 2 weeks ago and has latest connect.

The car had no mats which is a first as my last 4 Nissans came with Matts from dealer and only had 10 miles worth of diesel (nothing worse than driving off in a new car and panicking where to get fuel). I have had the worst experience buying this car and will never use Nissan Motorline again. It felt like they were doing me a favour and I had to do all the calling and chasing. I get a new car every 2 years so their loss. But like I said I love the Car.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rayban, fortunately you cannot tar every Dealer with same brush. I cannot fault our Dealer out here. Also a lot of Dealers throw in what you are missing Carpets (normally the cheaper Nissan ones), Warning Triangle, Warn Jacket, First Aid Kit. Regarding Diesel / Petrol it looks like the days of the Full Tank have gone we also had the same problem.
I would look around for another Dealer, do not forget the Dealer has your money and should provide you a Service even if you have to pester them. Just enjoy your time with the QQ - Dave :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I bought my car from a main dealer second-hand. "It won't need mats..." I said to the salesman "...since it's already got them!" However they'd been taken out when it was handed over!

And mine came with SIX miles to go on the petrol front - luckily the dealer is opposite a petrol station so I drove straight there!

Admittedly I'd refused to pay the "Delivery Charge" at a cost of £199 which would have included mats and £30 of petrol - first time I've been charged a delivery charge on a second-hand car!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Rayban1532

Post by Rayban1532 »

I agree not all Dealers are the same. My last 2 Nissans I bought from Swindon and the service was exceptional (did come with mats and £30 worth of fuel). My fault as should of gone back to them but was near Oxford at the time and thought I would have got the same service.

But now to enjoy the car. Driving to Devon on Sunday so hopefully give it a good test. Just need to remember it has six gears.