Cancelling the order... advice?

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
crazyapple
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by crazyapple »

Hi All. In a bit of difficult situation, any advice or guidance appreciated!

Went to a dealer, to look at a used qashqai. Had a couple of bad test drives earlier. One thing lead to another and ended up signing order form for a new one, paid £500 deposit as well. Sales guy said I can rethink and cancelling won't be an issue if I'm not happy with the order. After reading a few forums, I now know that wasn't true. I was told 4 weeks waiting period, which I'm okay with.

As had not done any homework, ended up signing a very bad deal at full price, without any extras (services etc.). 3 days later called up sales rep to cancel, he said talk to my manager. Manager says they've already ordered it and car is on its way. I find it hard to digest as there is a 4 week waiting period. Manager says he'll need to check with dealer principal who is out right now.

What are my options? Is my deposit in trouble?

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

crazyapple wrote:Hi All. In a bit of difficult situation, any advice or guidance appreciated!

Went to a dealer, to look at a used qashqai. Had a couple of bad test drives earlier. One thing lead to another and ended up signing order form for a new one, paid £500 deposit as well. Sales guy said I can rethink and cancelling won't be an issue if I'm not happy with the order. After reading a few forums, I now know that wasn't true. I was told 4 weeks waiting period, which I'm okay with.

As had not done any homework, ended up signing a very bad deal at full price, without any extras (services etc.). 3 days later called up sales rep to cancel, he said talk to my manager. Manager says they've already ordered it and car is on its way. I find it hard to digest as there is a 4 week waiting period. Manager says he'll need to check with dealer principal who is out right now.

What are my options? Is my deposit in trouble?
Your 14 day cooling-off period, a period of time when you can cancel the order, begins the day after you enter a contract with the business - verbal or otherwise.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

PJB729 wrote:Your 14 day cooling-off period, a period of time when you can cancel the order, begins the day after you enter a contract with the business - verbal or otherwise.
What I understand from http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/bought-a- ... d-my-mind/ is, that 14 days cooling off period is only for online purchase (outside of dealer showroom) :(
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Hang on a minute crazyapple. Only earlier on today on a seperate post you said you were undecided over two QQ models that you had been offered. Have you ordered or not? If so, how long since? Which model? Are you now wanting to swap the model or pull out all together?
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

gvmdaddy wrote:Hang on a minute crazyapple. Only earlier on today on a seperate post you said you were undecided over two QQ models that you had been offered. Have you ordered or not? If so, how long since? Which model? Are you now wanting to swap the model or pull out all together?
Ordered Connecta + packs on Sun. Want to pull out due to the deal being very expensive & without perks. Two QQ models I'm considering aren't too far off from each other, so would be happy for any of them provided a good deal. Sorry for creating the confusion.
If I'm able to successfully pull out without losing my deposit, will go for N-vision with different dealer. But the trim isn't the priority to be honest.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The sticking point seems to be your deposit, and its not with Nissan. You have paid it to the dealership. You really need to talk to them asap as different dealerships treat deposits differntly. Some will refund, whilst others may not and insist on you putting it to another vehicle. If it is non refundable then you must have been made aware on signing your order form.
179club

Post by 179club »

I am sure Dealers can deregister ordered cars. I have heard of this before. Consumer rights can kick in as well. Worth a try IMO.
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

179club wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:10 pm I am sure Dealers can deregister ordered cars. I have heard of this before. Consumer rights can kick in as well. Worth a try IMO.
Thanks! This was a few months back. After a number of calls and talking to sales person and his manager, and after a bit of gentle persuasion, they did give full deposit back.

I didn't tell them that the deal they offered me was crap compared to another dealer, as I wasn't sure how well that might go. Instead I said I couldn't afford it anymore. All worked out in the end.