Can dealers fit extra styling

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Donkey,Duncho's original point was about standard kit on cars rolling out of the factory. I was suggesting that "according to the brochure" electric folding mirrors are not accessories for 3 out of the 4 Qashqai models.
lythamlife2014-04-17 14:08:36
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="lythamlife"]Well I hope mine comes fitted with four wheels.[/QUOTE]lol dont even go thereThey have so many disclaimers on every piece of paper or promotional material its crazyIn the early early days at launch people were and still maybe are buying cars they not yet seen literaly out the brochure that says they reserve the right to changeTake the CVT etc again most dealers didnt have them available and the 1.6 manualYou say four wheels but as important may be the windscreen you look out of thats not as in original brochure
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Don't you think that it would be a marketing catastrophe if Nissan started to remove parts willy nilly?
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

They already did mateand got away with ittheres a long list im afraid if you dig out old stuff in forum, all minor stuff heated front screen now has a blower on it the auto lock on car replaced with a small button on door handle the anti hijak locking the door sills the speed camera warnings etc removed theres a list somewhereNot so bad now as you can see the car your ordering and nowadays the selling dealers know more about things than they did a while ago dont look in your brochure at nissan connect apps btw lolTalk about marketing catastrophes when you order a car got a date expecting 6 weeks delivery and later phone calls giving up to 6 months should of been oneThey got away with it all simply as theres no comparison or alternative for the money they charge and product they offer
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Wouldn't you say that the examples you mention are revisions not removals?
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Duncho,Let us know how you get on at the Dealer. I think you are spot on about the folding mirrors because elsewhere in the forum was a discussion about whether or not automatic folding mirrors would be a good to have piece of kit instead of what is provided.good luck
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="lythamlife"]Wouldn't you say that the examples you mention are revisions not removals?[/QUOTE]sort of same thing realyCongrats oswmobo thats fantastic news
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

We picked our car up 3 weeks ago and had extra chrome styling added , the door sills and bumper bits were fitted while we did the handover paperwork. As far as the illuminated sills I wanted them the wife did not!
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Apologies if Ive got this thread wrong as Im trying to catch up on 5 days posts on here so Im reading them quickly.

As already said, the electric folding mirrors are not an accessory as they come as standard on all models except the Visia. Its the AUTOMATIC electric folding mirrors that are not available on the Qashqais.