Can dealers fit extra styling

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
ferris

Post by ferris »

I've ordered a 1.6 Tekna through a leasing company (got a better PCP deal than the brokers I tried). I though I'd try and keep things simple and didn't go for any extra styling trim. Fingers crossed, it will be delivered to the dealer on 9th May!I do like the look of Nissan's illuminated side rails though - so I was wondering if they are an easy thing to get fitted by the dealer? Or are they really just a factory-fitted option?

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Worth popping into supplying dealer mate having a coffee if you know who it isif it can be retro fitted they will know and im sure happy to do it
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ferris, generally speaking most garages will install anything. All the parts I am after are going to be installed by our Nissan Dealer correctly and I know the Dealer as they done my Note & the wife's Juke.
So the part you are after is Side Styling Bar Illuminated Part no. #KE543-4E530 and pricing it at Glyn Hopkins it costs 549 UK Pounds which normally is the part cost only.
The Nissan price here is Part Cost 562 UK Pound and inc installation 731 UK Pounds, these prices are from a Nissan Stock List / eBay Germany costs 517 UK Pounds. Would suggest looking in the websites if you are a DIY person then you could achieve this installation yourself - Hope this helps you Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ferris

Post by ferris »

Thanks, that's really useful information!
duncho

Post by duncho »

ferris:all cars coming from Sunderland factory are raw cars with basic equipment coming in options (Acenta, Visia, Tekna) and no accessories installed (tow bar, trims, mirror folding module, etc.). All the accessories are solely installed by dealers.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Hi Duncho,According to my Qashqai e-brochure, electric folding door mirrors are a standard fitting to all models except the Visia (unless the mirror folding module you mention is something else).
lythamlife2014-04-17 12:38:56
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="lythamlife"]Hi Duncho,According to my Qashqai e-brochure, electric folding door mirrors are a standard fitting to all models except the Visia.[/QUOTE]Read the brochure carefully subject to changesame as autolocking doors and a few other things advertised but not fitted
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Lythamlife,let's see, I'm going to pick up my car this Saturday. It would be nice if this has already been fitted, but I'm skeptical. Also door sills should have been fitted for Tekna and Premier option, which is not.I just checked the the brochure and the information given there is a little bit misleading. I think it is meant that you can fold/unfold them electronically (with the switch) but not automatically
duncho2014-04-17 12:47:37
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Donkey,This is most disturbing because if that's the case then how do you know what you're actually getting? If Nissan reserve the right to revise model specifications without notice at any time (as the brochure seems to suggest), then I reserve the right to cancel my order if I don't receive the car I specified.Will you also please point me to the part of the forum where this has been reported.Thanks
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Lythamlife its unfair but go back into forum history so many things not on car that was advertised lolSOme petty things and some not so petty anyone who has the car now would of been expecting different but the brochures and online adverts have so many disclaimers in there im afraidIf you get locking doors etc its a bonus and i know a few will leap on it so let us know