Berlin QQ Tekna Pearl White QAB

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

So it is done, after getting all the Specs & Accessories sorted and priced the deal has finally been sealed. We took a last test drive this week in a Tekna 1,5dci and an Acenta 1,2 just to get a final feel of what life in a QQ is all about, technically and driving wise - Impressive !.
I actually got the wife to "Self Park" the QQ and this indeed seemed to fuction very well, but in my opinion it is quicker to park yourself without the aid, but for needy people with restrictions it is a super function.
So now my pocket is empty as the wife ordered a QQ Tekna in Pearl White QAB with the 1,2 engine plus our additional accessories. Now when I read about your delivery dates I must admit we are laughing, upon placing the order we went directly to the Nissan Spread Sheet for Deliveries and what came out was wait for it - 17.10.14 Yup a 6 month delivery so you guys are really lucky. Hopefully when we get the QQ all the Bugs if any will be ironed out.
Because of the delivery timing we also ordered a set of 16" Winter Steel Wheels & Tyres, we would have liked Alloys again but there is always the risk here of corrosion during the winter months. The Dealer also offered to remove our Webasto Stand Heating System from the Juke and install it in the QQ with a new Remote Control. We have also ordered the emergency Wheel & Tire Kit instead of the Aerosol System.
I do not know what you get in the UK but we got the normal Nissan 3 Year Guarantee plus an extra year 5* Guaratee thrown in + Nissan Connect free for 2 years - possibly this is the Std Package ?
I am really looking forward in the way off future of enjoying the QQ and participating in the Forum which is getting bigger and more interesting on a daily basis - thanks for your time Dave.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

October?Kneel down as we need to crown you undisputed King of the waiting listYou must be able to shorten that wait mate somehowI love the colour choice especialy if you can get some colour coded extras, The winter set of tyres shocked me didnt know they still made steel rimsThe spec your buying is it more undersealed than say UK spec? I remember years ago importing a car from Japan that had little underseal and no fog light so wondered it it worked in reverseMines a lease car so we didnt get the 5* plan in fact didnt even see that advertised, we got the 2 year nissan connectThe Nissan connect probably the only let down as it goes, I dont know what it does as theres no apps and still cannot understand why its needed but the rest of the car is much better than expected - as you know people may moan the door window switches do not illuminate and the car doors do not autolock etc but none of those things even come into your headI can get in my car foot goes on clutch and the big button is pressed i slip seat belt on as the engine starts and a click flip of thumb and door mirrors open as you pulling away it feels like one of them superjet planes that fold there wings down as they taxi Lets hope the waiting time comes forward mate
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Donkey, thanks for your usual friendly comments. This delivery date was after canceling another color for ours but hopefully the delivery will improve. One of the reasons for the order delay was our "color coded" extras list, but what the hell it is what we wanted.
Actually the 16" Steelies with Plastic Wheel Caps are the Std. Fitting for the QQ Visia.
With regard to the Underseal there is no difference these are just UK built for Europe both our Note & Juke are UK built with nothing special carried out.
I actually asked our Dealer about the "Anti Hi-Jacking" Door locking and he confirmed it is not included due to a new regulation (Safety Related) which is coming but naturally the manual option is there.
Have a Good One Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Not seen a base model yet, in Uk the jump to premium isnt that bad might be whyGoing to look a stunning car if colour coded its muscle stance should set it offWhat wheel options you going with for standard running? I gotta feeling some tweaks are plannedMight look daft with the winter tyres after though but then I suppose safety over vanityStill cant get my head around the anti hijaking feature to be honest my old Audi that was a pain having to remember to hit button twice to let wife in etc and no matter how long I used the car that clunk when driving off always disturbed me, the locking switch is to hand though so a manual press wont kill anyoneIn UK the white option shocked me, Nissan one of the most expensive for a white colour I do accept pearlescant is expensive but to me tipped my boat would look great with Tekna wheels but the white insert instead of the Black or a mix maybe a white coachline in amongst the black inset on wheels
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Donkey, we have ordered Color Coded parts so hopefully the Pearl White will have its effect. The wheels are staying as the Std Series 19" Tekna Alloys. I thought about changing to the Snowflake / Ibiscus / Wind Wheels but we were looking at around another 1000 UK Pounds + Tyre fitting + Balancing etc and then you still have the Std wheels which could be sold on or used for Winter. Perhaps we will take a look later at some other wheels. Actually your comment on that the winter wheels might look daft was also my thought but when you do your maths there is only a difference of 1,43" on diameter (16" + 65mm tyre section x 2) vs (19" + 45mm x 2) so it should not look that bad. The tyre width is also slightly smaller for winter road contact (215 vs 225). All Metallic Paints costs are the same here 452 UK Pounds. Over & Out Dave
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just been to pick the Juke Tekna up from the Dealer after the 3 Year Service & MOT. I then spoke to the Dealers Owner and the Sales Guy and he then checked the QQ Delivery Order Status and guess what the delivery date has jumped from Oct to 22.08. which is a great improvement of nearly two months - Dave
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thats not bad Dave so whats that around a 3 month wait start to finish you reckon?A good day for you mate lets hope a little jump forward few more weeks is on the cards eh
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Donkey, Nope not 3 months (what a shame) it is now down to 18 weeks and 3 days and could at this rate get even shorter. Order was placed 15.05 / Delivery now 22.08. Hopefully this is a Positive Signal for everybody - Dave ?Y‘?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thats what I try and tell everyone the dates do seem to creep forwardMy first order start of February was given a date end of March which flew to end of JulyEnded up creeping forward until the start of April a week later than 1st date and well within 3 monthsAny car manufacture will quote 12-15 weeks minimum unless theres a pre built in pipeline so to be fair the Sunderland boys must be working there arses off
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just had an update from our Dealer on the delivery - no change still 22.08. still hoping for an improvement though - Dave