Just ordered a Tekna plus.......

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
travelusa
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by travelusa »

Picked mine up on the 30th Nov 2018 .
I was only test driving it as it was going to be there demo car it was that new.
I enjoyed driving the auto with the new gear box so much the dealer could see that .
I was testing driving it on the Monday ...the dealer asked if it could be arranged and a deal made have the car that i was the first to test drive i could have it on the following Friday ....so deal done what was to be there demo car was mine and only me having drove it. yep 2018 plate not worried about that ...
What a car very sporty i thought until i found the sporty side of the gear box WOW
The steering is so light .over all it feels like a AWD car now the way it handles
and for a Auto seems easy on the fuel
Car is a 1.3 Nov 2018 160 bhp DCT with 19inch wheels.
Now car is 1.3 Jul 2021 160 cvt Tekna with 19 inch wheels ink blue.
now Car is 1.3 Jan 2024 160 bhp tekna with 19 inch wheels Mag Blue

Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

David56 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:54 pm Hi, I've just placed an order for a vivid blue Tekna+ 1.3 160 DCT, will get it on a 19 plate, well chuffed.
Had a half hour test drive today on my own in the exact spec I was interested in, that sold it to me, great drive.
I am looking into buying a tekna+. Can't decide if to go auto or not.

Also if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? Can PM me if you don't want to make it public
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi travel, you are easily pleased, which is nice to see.

Personally, I think all the QQ's are very slow and lethargic, but for the most part is sufficient for what it is and with the low power engine usually u get great fuel mileage.

travelusa wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:16 pm Picked mine up on the 30th Nov 2018 .
I was only test driving it as it was going to be there demo car it was that new.
I enjoyed driving the auto with the new gear box so much the dealer could see that .
I was testing driving it on the Monday ...the dealer asked if it could be arranged and a deal made have the car that i was the first to test drive i could have it on the following Friday ....so deal done what was to be there demo car was mine and only me having drove it. yep 2018 plate not worried about that ...
What a car very sporty i thought until i found the sporty side of the gear box WOW
The steering is so light .over all it feels like a AWD car now the way it handles
and for a Auto seems easy on the fuel
Steve61

Post by Steve61 »

David56 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:54 pm Hi, I've just placed an order for a vivid blue Tekna+ 1.3 160 DCT, will get it on a 19 plate, well chuffed.
Had a half hour test drive today on my own in the exact spec I was interested in, that sold it to me, great drive.

Hi David,

How did you find the ride with the 19" wheels on your road test?

I am thinking about getting the Tekna, but after reading the What Car review regarding the 19" wheels I'm not so sure. They recommend staying away from them.

I did a road test a N- Connecta yesterday as a Tekna wasn't available. The N-Connecta seemed to perform well and was a comfortable ride on the 18" wheels so perhaps I might have a re-think.

I would be interested to know what other Tekna owners think?

https://www.whatcar.com/nissan/qashqai/ ... n-the-road

Untitled5.jpg

2023 All New Qashqai Hatchback 1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Tekna (Bose] 5dr Xtronic
Gun Metal Grey
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

If the road surface is good then so is the ride quality. The 19” rims don’t particularly like any size of pot holes or badly uneven surfaces.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve61, we have had our QQ Tekna with 19”Alloys for 4 Years now and the Wife has a Back Problem and we are both quite happy with the ride, comments do come about my driving though. As mentioned though Potholes are a problem but with most cars anyway - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
alans220

Post by alans220 »

I was also dubious about the 19 inch wheels but can say I have not noticed any ride problems at all, not really harsh or noisy. Only problem with them is that they are hard to keep clean!, but look great when they are. Also replacement tyres may be more expensive.
Qashqai 1.5dci 115 J11B Vivid Blue
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alans220, take a look at this post it might give you some Tips - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4616&p=42600&hilit ... ing#p42595

ABC595EB-7B9F-47DB-A89B-4061E3482160.jpeg

Our Diamond Cut Alloys still look like new after 4 years but it can take time to maintain them. Our QQ is normally given the once over every 4 weeks, hand washed and then stuck through an Auto Mc which is excellent. The Alloys are firstly sprayed with Lidl W5 Wheel Cleaner (used on 4 Nissan’s no problems), washed off with a pressure washer then stuck through the Auto Wash and then dried, inc insides. The wheels are then sprayed with Meguiar’s Ultimate Quick Wax, polished with clean Micro Fibre Clothes and finally sprayed with Nigrin Nano Tec Wheel Cleaner which helps to prevent the Wheel Brake Dust Sticking and finally the Tyres sprayed with a Lidl or Sonax Tyre Cleaner. Job Done takes time but it is worth it - Dave 👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
alans220

Post by alans220 »

Thanks for the info Dave.

I use washing up liquid diluted with warm water and a hand brush to clean them, do mine weekly, it's the insides of the wheels that are more difficult to get to, but worth the effort when they are done.
Qashqai 1.5dci 115 J11B Vivid Blue
Steve61

Post by Steve61 »

Thanks for the info guys. That was the only thing giving me doubts about buying this model spec. You do get allot of car for your money with the Qashqai. More technology than you know what to do with.

The salesman demo'd the self parallel parking, which freaked me out a bit 😁. It was like having a ghost in the car. Shame it went up the kerb a bit though once parked. Apparently the kerb was too low according to the salesman, which actually it was. No big deal as I can't see myself using it anyway. Seemed to be too much faffing about with buttons to set it up for my liking. But hey ho.

I was well impressed with both the new 1.3 turbo engine and smoothness of the dct auto box. Both performed well with plenty of oomph from the engine when needed.
2023 All New Qashqai Hatchback 1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Tekna (Bose] 5dr Xtronic
Gun Metal Grey