Huge delay !!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Andie

Post by Andie »

Well guys just got off the phone with one of the directors of Nissan. The question I asked him was related to the Qashqai 1.6 Xtronic CVT. As you guys know I ordered mine in March with a delivery date of 6th June. I have just been informed that I will have to wait maybe October maybe November December or even 2015. Excuse was supply and demand sorry guys tried everything. Looks like if you really want this car you will have to wait and suck it up. So you guys who have been lucky and revived your brand new QQ STOP WHIMPERING ABOUT THE FAULTS YOU ARE FINDING ALL CARS HAVE TEETHING PROBLEMS. If anybody has ordered their car on or just after the 12 March and have received their 1.6 Xtronic CVT Storm white please let know.
Nissan Qashqai keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!

DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

FUMING!!! Ordered my Gun metal Tekna 1.6 CVT March 5th delivery date 15th June. 12th May got a call from dealer saying sorry car has been delayed till September 19th. So 14 week lead time changed to 28 week lead time. Went onto dealers Friday to look at XTrail as wanted to see 7 seat system and asked Motability rep if he could check my delivery date was still September 19th and he said sorry computer is down. Haven't heard anything so called him today he said sorry can't get on computer system I will call you back. He called me back and said your order number has been cancelled and changed to a completely new order number with a delivery date of December build!!!! That will be at earliest a 9 month lead time!! He could not even give me a reason why my order number would be changed. Just said they had high demand for the Tekna XTronic. Why would Tekna be an issue as it is the same engine on all 1.6 CVT whatever the spec and he said Friday if I ordered an XTrail same engine 1.6 CVT delivery date currently is November. I just called Nissan Customer SVC and they said we can't look at your order. I said I want to know how and why my order number would be changed. They are going to call me back. I told them how can it be my order is moved back when people ordering after me have had their car same spec? Also how can they have the engines available for the XTrail but not satisfy existing customers? I have a strong feeling that my car has been sold and my order put back on probably in the hope I will cancel my order which is a Motability order or to get a new sale as a short lead time with the car, my car available 19th September!! I told the dealer to get on this forum and see how people are so unhappy with these order delays. I am so so angry I could crush more than a grape.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
raj_nair2

Post by raj_nair2 »

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c1181.html
follow the link.
It seems Nissan has a problem with CVT 1.6 diesel gear box. I am waiting for gear box replacement from july 16. There is no time frame given in my case yet. I know another 4 to 5 with the same issue. I was told by the dealer that they are not allowed to take further CVT orders until nissan notify them.
Its an nice car, but had a hard time with it. sorry, if I put anybody off.........
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Del I loved old Stu and honestly not heard that in so many years /decades lolIm a Motability fan for years now and saddened and annoyed in early days Motability cars were passed on to cash buyers and shocked if they still doing itIf someone had told me this time last year Nissan couldnt organize a piss up in a brewery id of argued till cows come homeYour problem is and seriously for the AP and what you ordered there is nothing that will compete mate, have you thought of asking them for an auto grant and saying sod it go for the Tiguan or even the PhevI know the Rav4 is back, not same spec as QQ but id imagine time is pressing now
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

I do get 'cranky' about the loooooooong wait lol. I have been tempted to switch orders especially as I would really like 7 seats again but I know I won't get the same spec on any other car. I think as it got removed from the scheme it makes it more desirable too! I can't believe Nissan have seriously under estimated the demand and have so many technical issues with the XTRONIC CVT version. They are the supplier I would have put as least likely to fail the customer. How wrong I was. The worst part is like in many situations the absolute lack of info and truth. Hello I am a customer????
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Lol mate I hear you but the days of hellp were the customer are long deadWere unfortunately a statistic nowadays and as long as a percentage of those statistics are met then its happy days lol, long gone are the personal touch that made the diffrence.Theres nothing Del in the price range and spec that can compete with the car you ordered sadly theres enough mystery and intrigue to keep scooby doo and hes mates busy for the next year trying to unwrap it allIf any deserves hes car now has to be you,I remember you declaring your order back in the days when these cars were simply brochures and odd demo, no idea how you kept your temper seeing people order and drive offLets hope Karma has made the delay worthwhile, just think you will get most of the toys that was advertised and us early birds missed out on but hoping your dealer finds some chrome and floor mats for your patience
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

If the car eventually arrives and it has no panoramic roof you will hear my scream from where you live ha ha!! In fact I think on principal I would have to refuse the car as it is not the car I ordered. I have asked the dealer if they will be throwing I car mats to compensate thus ridiculous wait and they firstly said oh we can't do that you have to ask Motability or Nissan themselves! I have mentioned it again since as I know it is only the dealer who can give a freeby and the guy said we will have to see. What really annoys me is how some people who ordered the exact spec as I did have already received their car which just proves really that the dealers I ordered through must have held back my order or Nissan's ordering system is screwed up. If the car does not turn up December 4th I will be writing to the World book of records to enter for the longest wait ever for a Nissan car!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Flag the facts on a tweet to Nissan UK & EU; may embarrass one of them enough to do somethinghttps://twitter.com/NissanEuropehttps://twitter.com/NissanUK
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="Gel"]
Flag the facts on a tweet to Nissan UK & EU; may embarrass one of them enough to do somethinghttps://twitter.com/NissanEuropehttps://twitter.com/NissanUK[/QUOTE]Fully agrea social media questions are the way forwardRead back past there pinned posts there are many many questions all answered with contact us plz messages so add to themDel we both know whats gone on with cars getting pushed back and passed on mate and as for the panoramic roof ill come over with tin opener and gaffer tape and swap if yours dont have one, I can honestly say I used it day i got it to show people and all summer its been a burden as even with blind closed that glass generates a lot of heat in the carAnyone remember poor Beverly i think her name was who arrived at dealers to wave good bye to her car driving off with a cash buyer lol
CarLess

Post by CarLess »

Hi Del73,We've just cancelled our QQ, ordered 25th February!! Had learnt Nissan had changed our order number, was given a load of bull by them saying its the same order but different number! Then they told Motability they have changed their ordering numbers!! I have come to the conclusion Nissan had decided not to provide us with our car. I do believe our car(s) were built for June and October deliveries they have been assigned to others IF our orginal February order date was still valid and our position in the queue is maintained.However, I also suspect when Nissan have changed our order number and delivery dates (twice)that with each change our position in the queue changes too, (February order changed to May order which changes to September order) effectively slipping down the queue and that is why we found our order was put on back order a few weeks ago.Something you should be aware of: Nissan says when an order has been assigned a customer date the price and specification is fixed. However, if the order is put on back order and no customer date assigned then the price is NOT fixed until you receive a customer date. Lastly ... I have learnt you are not entirely at their mercy of delivering at a time to suit themselves.All you need to do is write a letter, sent by special delivery, saying you have been waiting long enough and now you are MAKING TIME OF THE ESSENCE. I'm not a legal guy but its worth you investigating if you reach a point where you're going to cancel. I recommend you google 'Time of the essence' and look for links to CAB and WHICH for explanation and then get legal advice to make double sure it can be applied to your case.You might ask why haven't I done it ..... simply because the whole fiasco has literally made my wife ill, her chronic illness is stress related and thanks to Nissan its flared up to point where for her sake I must walk away. Shall take delivery next week of a Toyota Auris Hybrid hatchback max 78mpg ! Something different but almost equally well equipped. Our other car is ..... a Xtrail so we don't really need a crossover!! Good luck to you and all waiting patiently for your QQ1.6 dci cvt Teknas!! P.s. You might be interested ...Nissan managing director's email address is james.wright@nissan.co.uk
QQ 1.6dCi Teckna CVT Nightshade Ordered 25Feb2014