Ten ways to fill your long wait...

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
ferris

Post by ferris »

I ordered mine late February, and I finally get to pick it up on Thursday. Here's how I've filled those thirteen weeks of agony. Looking at pictures posted by others and wondering if I'd picked the right colour after all. Miraculously, I've come full circle and happy with my choice of Magnetic Red!Fallen into the somewhat obsessive world of car cleaning/detailing. Honestly, I think once you know what a swirl is, there is no going back. Two bucket method? Check! Clay bar? Check! Iron fallout remover? Check! The list is endless...Pondering the spare wheel question - spacesaver or full size alloy? I'm buying a Tekna alloy so that I have a spare for the inevitable kerbing, but it will also be used on a long trip into France and Italy.Reading all about alloygators - undecided on that one, but I like the way they look!I had about half my CD collection ripped to MP3. I've now prepared a 32GB USB dongle with all my CDs. Even better, I've embedded coverart into each track for the car to display (I used MusicBrainz Picard for this)Reading reviews. I have Google Now on my phone, and it has helpfully picked up on my obsession and gives me links to the latest reviews unbidden. Happily, very few negatives. If I was Chris Evans, I don't think I'd like the QashQai much either after driving what he drives.Spotting QashQais in the wild. Starting to see them more and more. Playing with personalized plates on the DVLA website. Couldn't come up with anything I'd actually want to buy though. But hey, I had 13 weeks to kill.Looking at parts and accessories I could fit myselfWondering if the reports of a weak sound system will see me installing an under-seat sub woofer. Will wait and see!If you're faced with a long wait, you have my sympathy, but hopefully the above links can keep you busy
ferris2014-05-17 09:56:32

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Thanks for the list Ferris been there done it, 11 got the shirt, 4 1/2 weeks to go of a 20 weeks. I am a motobility customer so very low on the list when it comes to delivery.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
Andy

Post by Andy »

All but number 8... I haven't sunk that low yet but think I got close with a screensaver countdown timer, its currently showing 5 weeks 4 days 23 hours 14 mins and 24 seconds
Andy2014-05-17 10:43:48
1.6d, Tenka, CVT, storm white, order feb, Due 3rd July updated to 26 jun
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

mine is showing 32 days left, how sad are we. already got bra, chrome smile, chrome bum finisher and personalized plates. At the moment getting album art with MusicBrainz Picard.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

My wife has an alternative 10 ways of distracting me from moping around whilst I wait:1. Cut lawn.2. Dig out pit for new water feature.3. Barbecue.4.Clean out cat litter tray.5. Help father-in-law dig plants into new garden.6. Visit Tesco, Aldi, Asda, Co-op at various times for forgotten items.7. Go to DIY shops to look at new garden furniture.8. Clean decking.9. Cut lawn again.10. Earn a living.She would have more than 10 items on the list but I can't be pushed around.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
asinrute

Post by asinrute »

I'm still in the months league, done both lists and wondering what to do next
First ever Nissan and ordered a QQ Tekna 1.6 CVT in Blue Cancelled because of delivery delays
smithy12

Post by smithy12 »

@asinrute - you could always come round to my house and polish my Pearl White QQ ......:)