QQ extras

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Once you've ordered the QQ after many weeks of finding a great deal, you are then bombarded with all the extras, which you don't take into account when thinking of a budget.Does anyone take up all these offers............are they worth it? I know its all down to personal preference but........I feel that perhaps I should have them all but do I really need them? Is the only person gaining here the dealer.Service planPaint ProtectionGAP InsuranceAccessories etcI'm thinking of getting a towbar fitted (detachable), dealer price £687, local price £457, but is my warranty affected is something happens to the electrics if not fitted by dealer. I feel that maybe I have to bit the bullet and pay dealership prices for peace of mind!

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

My Views,Service plan is worth it is you can negotiate on it. (price was recently raised £100, so a good place to start is getting that amount back).Paint protection is worth it only if you you can get a lot off it otherwise, if you have the time, or know a good detailer, put the work in yourself.The product involved is a fraction of the cost they want to charge, so the rest is pretty much gravy.GAP insurance on a new car is worth it depending on how your insurance is worded.Mine puts me back in a new car for the first year, some do not do this.Don't buy it from the dealer though, you will be able to get it much, much cheaper elsewhere (use the meerkats or a.n.other).Mostly i'd have leant on the dealer at the point of sale with the above.After the sale it's much harder to get anything else chucked in.Try and get fuel, mud flaps and mats, trunk liners to close the deal ;)
Nissan no more...
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Alleycat, thanks for your comments.Service plan offer is £299 for 3 years so will probably take this up.Supagard paint protection is overpriced at £299 but is maybe worthwhile as my car is black and difficult to keep looking clean but do I get it done elsewhere.Just checked with my insurance and I to, am covered for the 1st year with a new car replacement so perhaps GAP isn't worth taking out although I am financing the deal, so perhaps for peace of mind!I did get mats and full tank of diesel to close deal.
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

[quote="DIM4762"]Supagard paint protection is overpriced at £299 but is maybe worthwhile as my car is black and difficult to keep looking clean but do I get it done elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Buy Supagard off ebay and do it yourself for a fraction of the cost !!
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

service plan is worth it if you are keeping the car - supaguard and gap can both be purchased much cheaper than the dealers as has already been stated so no - accessories probably best to stick with nissan for peace of mind tho you will pay extra for them and a genuine nissan towbar isnt cheap as you say but you could remove it upon future sale and probably get 50% of the purchase price back if its still in good working order so not a total waste....
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

NEW Qashqai, chrome Premium PackThis seems a good price to mehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131193950351have ordered for myself - just now!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Great price, hopefully straight forward to fit.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I got mine from BSM but it wasn't Bradford and it was about £10 more.Local dealer wouldn't try to price match or in fact budge at all, which surprised me as there is obviously plenty of margin.
Nissan no more...
korky

Post by korky »

That's pretty cool. Wonder if they do the side door chrome parts cheap as well
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

[quote="PeterL"]NEW Qashqai, chrome Premium PackThis seems a good price to mehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131193950351have ordered for myself - just now![/QUOTE]
Thank you. I have ordered a set for myself as well! So now I will have set of extra winter wheels + premium pack in my garage but no car so far, lol.The guy also gave me a quote for:Mirror kit £49.57Mudflaps £42.90Ill side bars £198.06Ill Entry Guards £560.16I am thinking about mirror kit, but I find installation quite difficult, so maybe it would be better to have it fit by dealer before the pick-up date.
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)