Parking sensor switch

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

HIDoes Parking Sensor Switch inside the QQ turn off both the front and rear sensors?Derek

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes it does, but when you change gear after forward or reversing they come back on again. I usually switch off when entering my garage but when I select reverse they come on again. When leaving the garage I switch off and when I go forward they are on again, which is a good thing as they will always be there if you forget to reset
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Hi Jonceebee,Thanks for your reply. So if I was pulling a trailor and switched the sensors off, they would come back on a soon as I change gear? Am I correct in assuming this?
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="DIM4762"]Hi Jonceebee,Thanks for your reply. So if I was pulling a trailor and switched the sensors off, they would come back on a soon as I change gear? Am I correct in assuming this?[/QUOTE]
Yes that's right, they only stay off for a single gear manoeuvre and they will then work again
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors