Gobbed smacked

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Just popped into Wests of Lynn, the local dealer and sales team have just told that on ordering a Tekna cvt, the expected delivery date is now Jan 2015.
We are talking now of six month wait.
I was annoyed as l had to wait 9 weeks.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Yep always the way, once people get wind of a new car that is good value for money and an excellent drive they all want one.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Time to call Nissan.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I don't see how "time to call Nissan" is going to really help. There are delays because the car, just like the original version is metaphorically flying of the shelves with a very high number of people wanting one across Europe! They can't magically click their fingers and build all the cars over night! That's the problem with ordering new cars that are popular, unless you get lucky in terms of landing on top of one or "stealing" one from another customer... just like the spec level, you need to be happy with the wait! To be honest, with a lot brand new cars, a lot of them suffer from delays even well into their life span. If you don't like the wait, then go and look for a different car with a lower lead time, or go and look for a 2nd hand model that's sitting on a forecourt somewhere, I'm sure they will start appearing on forecourts in a few months time when the Nissan employee's start their 9 month upgrade cycle! You will have to be quick though, I was approached at a petrol station the other day with somebody asking where I got mine from and what I thought about it!
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I didn't mean that it would it make a difference. I meant that if the lead time was going to keep sliding away I would have to consider getting something else. Currently driving a Hyundai i30 hire car. It's hardly poverty, but not very satisfying.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Not suprising really didnt experience the original 2007 release but ordered when the 2010 facelift came out & had to wait over 4 months for a 1.5 n-tec manual, - still annoying though
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I agree that this sort of delay is common to many makes these days. Over the past few years manufacturers have changed over to producing cars to specific order rather than blind production of runs in various trim/ colour combinations and selling from stock.The benefit to us is that we get the car we ordered in a known timescale and can be certain that it was not built 12 months ago and been sitting in a compound somewhere going rusty.Given this choice I would prefer to wait for my car, knowing it is brand new and built to my order.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
battboy

Post by battboy »

Yep, I have been told Jan 2015 as well for Tekna 1.6 CVT.How does this affect the trade in value of my existing car and what happens if Nissan increases the price meantime? Does anybody know.
Nightshade Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT. Delivered October 2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I would imagine an unexpected uptake of the CVT combination has caught Nissan out and they may have under estimated the number of Motability drivers opting for this model.The original CVT box based around earlier Nissans and Toyota's was not particularly liked due to it's continual whining noise, I had this on my earlier Prius and it totally swayed me from even looking at a CVT box.With the improvements by creating a step change gear, it has appealed to more owners and by all accounts is now a very good drive so the uptake has increased. It is not good waiting all this time, but you may benefit from any fixes and improvements that may have been spotted on the earlier models. You need to ask your dealer where you stand regarding trade in value, he may offer you the same price but put a limit on the mileage you do and if you go over reduce the amount by an agreed percentage fall, but I would get something agreed and in writing.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

Battboy you should get the car at the agreed price for it now even if there is a price rise in 2015 - in fact you should insist the price is fixed. Regarding your trade in then although its not your fault you have to wait for delivery it will depreciate every month and your liable to lose a bit on that unless again you can get a fixed price for it in writing.... Incidently my dad has ordered a new vw golf GT which has a 3 month waiting list and the dealer has given him a minimum price he will get for his trade in working on 3 months ahead but said if the glass's trade in price on his is higher than this figure when his new one arrives they will allow him the extra.... Also remember the cvt boxes are bought in from various places including cacia / renault /cleon and not manufactured in house so nissan are very dependant on the suppliers to supply the quantity they need and if the supplier cant meet the increased demand then unfortunately this results in the delays you are experiencing which to a large extent is beyond nissans control...