PDI Certificate

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Bought mine through a broker. but had no pdi certificate in pack; do others who've bought this way had same issue? Also :http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/nissan- ... te/1217502
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Very basic list from delivery driver stating 4 wheels, Ariel etc.
tekna cvt mag red
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

I was already planning to collect my QQ from the supplying dealer (ordered via an internet broker) partly so I can get them to do something about it if there are any immediate issues (like no PDI certificate), although I'll be very surprised if that turns out to be the case.
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

I am purchasing my first new car. I find this an interesting question. Do new cars, however purchased, come with a PDI certificate or a stamp in the service manual? How is one to know if a car has been properly PDI'd and what recourse does one have if the vehicle is, shortly after delivery, found to have a problem that should have been found during PDI?
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Would not worry too much about the PDI, I found the washer bottle cap was hanging loose and the tyre pressures were between 5 and 12 psi over inflated when I got mine home. The best PDI is your own look around and then basic checks when you get home. ie: Oil, water, brake fluid, tyres etc.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Swiftlar

Post by Swiftlar »

Hi teknaken, I had my QQ delivered Monday via an online broker, inside the pack with the manuals was a PDI sheet. Always check your vehicle thoroughly for any damage, check controls, lift bonnet up and make sure all caps are secure, not obvious loose parts cables etc. if anything is wrong the car is under a 3 year warranty and can be taken to a dealer to sort out.
Proud owner of a 1.2 dig-t tekna in nightshade..... It's superb! :-)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I had no pdi certificate in mine.Service Manual on QQ doesn't have a space where supplying dealer stamps, as they used to in past.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Swiftlar

Post by Swiftlar »

It's not really a certificate more of a PDI sheet with all the things that have been checked etc, when I get a chance I will take a photo and post it on here but I'm working away at the minute without the car.........booooo
Proud owner of a 1.2 dig-t tekna in nightshade..... It's superb! :-)