Berlin Tekna is there

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

PeterL / Duncho, Thanks for your comments I will see what I can do as I already prepared a check list but did not have the "B_ _ _ _" to do it. Do you know what, I thought when Retirement came you would have so much time on your hands "Forget It" not so ?Y‘?. Duncho you cannot upset me I am a thick skinned Brit, but jealous possibly Yes - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Busiest people in the world are those who once though retirement was a way to relax
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Ahh Retirement, that Utopian state that I so long dreamed of. Now it has arrived I wonder how I ever found time to go to work. However, I can now live life to my own timetable (well Mrs B's) and don't have to ask anyone if I can have time off for holidays, Christmas etc.
Oh yes, the Winter Fuel Allowance arrived in my bank today. I get a nice warm glow thinking I am now a net recipient of Government funding and getting back a few of those pounds I paid them for almost 50 years.F1 Bob2014-11-18 08:32:15
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Looks like we are all in the same boat then, no time for anything now we are retired, I was planning to wash the car this morning as the sun is out, but guess what her indoors has found me something to do. Ah well as you say Bob, my winter fuel allowance also arrived today, now how do I find a way of holding onto it to use myself?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

F1Bob / Jon, you are Lucky Guys (perhaps you can send me some oil over) after deserting the UK all I have to look forward to is my Xmas Bonus ?YZ… - is it still a Tenner this year ? Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Xmas bonus?? Xmas box?You might need to explain that one to the younger membersAs ive written this my Grandson watching me asked if the Xmas box was a game console
duncho

Post by duncho »

sorry guys disturbing your retirement discussion :) Dave, I made few photos that helps you to navigate through the service menu. Don't worry, there is nothing you can break there, it's for monitoring purposes and running few diagnostic tests and that's it. So when you enter the menu click:- In the main service menu screen click on Radio:- Select FM or DAB Monitor for testing of signal strength (test both if you have time):- Write down signal strength value for each station for later comparison:When you are in the Monitor menu you can change radio station by the buttons on steering wheel. If you could, have also look to AM band whether it affects reception as well (at least on 1 radio station). Thank you in advance!

duncho2014-11-18 14:22:26
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Duncho, it is just like being back at work getting these little "Mini Projects"

So I actually read up your Forum and pm comments and had a go this morning, unfortunately it was not the best of days 4A°C and there was water coming from the Sky so I was not impressed.
I stopped at exactly the same place as before and started pressing buttons :

1. Pressed "Set Up"
2. Pressed "System"

3. Language changed into the Queens English from Deutsch.

4. Pressed "Set Up" and then rotated the "Enter" Knob 90A° Left / 180A° Right / 180A° Left
5. Then Pressed "Radio"

6. "Service Radio" side appeared with "FM / AM / DAB" Monitor

7. When "FM / AM / DAB" was pressed a new side appeared with the relevant facts

8. But when you pressed DAB this is what you get and there is no Data like you requested !

FM Station
Std QQ 30cm

dBuV

Signal Strength
So the requested readings dBUV appear to be available for FM / AM but unavailable for DAB !
When the weather improves I could do some checks on the FM using both Antennas Std QQ / Shark Fin if required. Any more wishes or tests required for DAB ? - Dave
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Dave!Excellent job and thank you for your remark. Sorry, I overlook that for DAB. Please note down following: - Field strength - Signal QualityPlease do the measures in the same time if possible as the signal fluctuates depends on many factors.And yes, please measure OEM antenna vs. Shark Fin (just a cover with a piece of wire) and I will then measure OEM antenna vs. genuine Shark Fin (Celsus). Thank you :)
duncho2014-11-19 12:50:56
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

OK Duncho, but I have some other priorities from my better half to clean the windows inside so when time allows I will give it a Go. O to be Retired again ! Dave