Berlin Tekna - Interior Lighting Conversion

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi duncho , sorry but I can't . jokskot sent it to me via email, but if you would like to send me your email I will forward it onto you . Not sure if this forum let's you submit email addresses , here goes. sydneyswan@optusnet.com.au Thanks mate, Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum

sydswan

Post by sydswan »

G'day again duncho, another question if you don't mind . I was thinking of putting blue lights behind the grill. Would it be safe to connect these leds to the daytime running light directly ? Peter
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Peter,
I sent you an email. First try those blue LEDs behind the grill, whether it looks good and fulfil your expectations. For that purpose you can temporary connect it directly to a battery. To answer your question, you can still connect it DRL but via fuse (5A). Remember that your car is under the warranty so think twice before you do such mods ;). duncho2015-04-16 06:28:09
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks mate will do.Peter
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

I have just been reading a story on cars with keyless entry being high jacked. The story is from an Aussie motoring site : www.practicalmotoring.com.au The article is called : Why your keyless car is vulnerable to Haking. Check it out.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi Dave, I know this is a bit late, but looking at your lighting upgrade, I noticed you had Aluminium pedal covers.
Where did you get them, as I am interested in doing the same to my QQ ?

Peter :( :(
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Peter, it is never too late for you Guys "Down Under" :D
What I had installed were Nissan OEM Parts which were included in the order for the QQ.
The parts for our LHD QQ are KE460-4E011 for Manual & KE460-4E111 for the Automatic.

Here is the Website from Glyn Hopkins (be careful as the photo Shows a LHD Setup) which I believe you have used before for interest - Dave ;)

http://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/ ... KE4604E012

1005 - Kopie.JPG

Sport Pedals.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dw350zQQ

Post by Dw350zQQ »

What length were the rear festoons and how do you get the rear light assembly out ? Mine seem very tight !!
Gun Metal Grey J11 2015 Qashqai 1.6 DIG-T Tekna. Chrome wing mirrors. Crossover pack. Chrome front lip. Chrome rear tail gate trim.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Dw350zQQ wrote:What length were the rear festoons and how do you get the rear light assembly out ? Mine seem very tight !!
They are very tight. It's because there's an aluminium trim all around the hole. The clips midway at top and bottom of the lamp assembly tend to catch so it's possible to pull the whole lot out if you're not careful. Then when you finally have the blighter out, you have to undo a tiny screw on the back just so you can get the lens off the front. Mental!

If you take the edge trim out by mistake, put it back; you have to fold the ears back down inside the headlining, making sure you clear the airbag hiding in there.

The owner's manual has this pictogram which makes it look easy:

light1.jpg

The service manual has these instructions which show they know it's a bitch to get out because they suggest a special tool. But they don't mention the screw on the inside of the lens.

light 2.jpg

I know all this because I did it today and fitted two warm white COB strip festoons. They measure 31.6mm and were too big; the original bulbs seem to be 30mm. I "persuaded" them to fit though!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As Hound has informed, I had the same problem removing these Light Assemblies. I found that even when you buy Osram / Phillips Festoons (30mm) they are more like 30,5 > 31mm, these are not precision parts. As Hound suggested you have use a bit of careful persuasion but in the end it is worth it - Good Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken