Berlin Tekna - Interior Lighting Conversion

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have now modified the Interior Lighting of the QQ similiar too that which I had carried out on our Juke Tekna. I did not want to give the QQ too much of a Disco look, just a better overall available lighting effect.
I bought some Osram 12V 1W LED's for the Front Reading/Map Lights and positioned them such that the outsides were Cool White 6000K and the middle Amber 2000K to try to keep a consistent colour match with the Nissan Ambient Centre Amber Lighting around the Centre Console. Also installed a couple in the Rear No. Plate Light. OK I bought the more expensive Osrams which have a 5 year Guarantee/use -80% less Energy etc. Also a Osram Cool White has been installed in the Cargo Area Light. Both of the Rear Compartment Lights have been fitted with White 3 SMD LED's 6000K Festoon's (not Osram). The total effect with the Qashqai Illuminated Sill Protectors is quite pleasing at night.
Front Reading Light / Rear Compt. Lights / Cargo Area / LED's Used :

I then decided to fit some LED Strip Lighting in the Footwell Areas. I used a 1 x 1cm 90A° Angled Plastic Strip cut to the length of the 30cm LED Strips and then used Double Sided Tape to fix these at the rear of and underneath the Glove Box and beneath the Steering Column. I then transferred the wiring behind the Centre Console to the Fuse Box area on the LHD Drivers Side. The wiring was connected by my Nissan Dealer as they were interested in the effect. It is wired up such that with the Doors Open the lights come ON and go OFF when closed but after the courtesy lighting time is finished. The footwell lights can be adjusted via the included remote controller to any colour choosen and can also increase or decrease the intensity. The initial plan was to set up the lighting to an amber colour so it would matche the Nissan Ambience Lighting of the QQ around the Main Centre Console but there are other color variables available.

Here are a few pics showing some color variables :

I hope this is of some interest to you all as it gives the inside a different effect - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Dave. I really like that do you have details of where purchased and what fuse etc. the dealer to the live feed from. May have a go at it myself. I have already changed all the interior lamps for LED's and the difference in brightness is fantastic. Don't we just love playing with our QQ's, old men syndrome trying to be young again
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, not a problem let me put something together for you with how I done it. Now with reference to the wiring I am one Person that keeps away from electrics, I can do anything with my hands (Ex Toolmaker / Engineer) but electrics has to be done by an Electrician or somebody who has knowledge what they are doing - not me. I know what I want and that is it. I just asked the Nissan Guy to wire it up to the Doors Open and Close circuit which as I mentioned stays on for the Courtesy Light Period. I did not want to Drive with a Disco or Floodlit interior - I will get it together Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I saw an article on this LED Lighting I believe on ebay, I then followed it up with the Company Owner Iain Holmes customerservice@topledshop.co.uk and ordered what I thought I needed from him using his advice and website info`. If you feel under the rear of the Glove Box and at the rear Cover (a small cutout has to be made in the strip to miss a rib projection) under the Steering Wheel there is a width of plastic about 1cm wide and about 30cm long this is where I attached with Double Sided Tape and the 1 x 1 x 30cm long Plastic "L" Section strip. Obviously it is better to prepare the strip/tape and LED's before attaching. If you stick your head down in the Footwell area (Oldies be careful it is difficult to get back out ) you will find a space to thread the wiring through behind the Console and the wires can then be finally tied together after the installation and placed at the rear of the Steering Wheel Cover.
The Co. is TOPLEDSHOP and what was ordered was a Remote Control RGB Colour Changing LED Strip for footwell lights. It is made with 5050 type Epoxy coated Flexible LED Strips. The strips are made easy to fit under seats / dash, behind trim etc. A Standard RF type Remote control unit is installed to give a choice of colours inc. flashing / fading colour change effects, change speed of change and brighten / dimming. Being RF you can hide the controller behind any trim and it works just fine.
Product Code: FW-RGB-30 / MPN: TLSFW-RGB-30 / Cost £21.99 / Std Remote / 2 x 30cm RGB Strips http://www.tlsdirect.co.uk/

Pics : Supplied Kit + Plastic Strips + Tape / Remote / Plastic 1x1cm Strips with Tape + LED

Pics : Strips installed Glove Box / Drivers Side (LHD)

Please Note : This installation has been carried out on a LHD Car.
So I hope this meets your requirements and the Installation works out OK - Have Fun Dave
korky

Post by korky »

Fantastic Dave - like you always been wary of messing with electrics.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Dave ,the lights look sensational. I will be doing the same when my QQ arrives. My old car has Blue Leds underneath, which is now illegal in Australia. You can't drive on the road at night and have them on. You can only do that when the car is stationary . I will keep them on the car when it's traded in. The new owner will have some fun.
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

sydswan, it took some time sorting out the bits but at the end of the day if you do not rush things it turns out Good & Worthwhile. As you have already played around it should be a Doodle for you. With regard to under Car Lighting is also not allowed here (here is extremely strict on all additions) which I think is general in the EU but in the US everything goes - Dave
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

G'day Dave again, I just sent you an email asking how you went about doing your lights connected to the door switches. Now I know that you didn't do them yourself. Looks like I will have to remove some of the door panels to connect the wires myself. Cheers, Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Peter, looks like your covered with duncho. I done the donkey work and Nissan offered to do the electrics free of charge so what Do you do ? - Go for it Dave
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="sydswan"]
G'day Dave again, I just sent you an email asking how you went about doing your lights connected to the door switches. Now I know that you didn't do them yourself.Looks like I will have to remove some of the door panels to connect the wires myself.Cheers, Peter[/QUOTE]
Peter, forget those switches. Those are just signal switches to detect door open or closed. Power output goes from BCM (Body Control Module) to courtesy lights directly. If you are unable doing it from the information I gave you, I friendly advise you to ask for some help, otherwise you can do more harm than good
duncho2015-04-10 15:22:47
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!