Berlin Tekna - Interior Lighting Conversion

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

You'd think that spring clips could easily cope with 2mm extra but it was the lack of "pointiness" on my replacement festoons that caused the problem.

You're right Dave, the assemblies come out with equal amounts of flat blade screwdriver and swearing :D

(Use a plastic trim tool or spudger if you can)

If anyone's interested in the COB festoons I got these in warm white - I don't like the cold white LEDs inside the car and I wanted to make them look like OEM in both appearance and colour temperature.

bulbs.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-31-36-39- ... 1986255579
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

Dw350zQQ

Post by Dw350zQQ »

Thanks for the information guys...much appreciated. I will get my trim tools out this afternoon!
Gun Metal Grey J11 2015 Qashqai 1.6 DIG-T Tekna. Chrome wing mirrors. Crossover pack. Chrome front lip. Chrome rear tail gate trim.
nitromax

Post by nitromax »

duncho wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:26 am Hi Peter,you can connect it to BCM but I wouldn't do so. The easiest and fastest is to connect it to courtesy light or M54 connector that is located on driver's right hand side at bottom. Here is the wiring of M54 connector you may use if you are not happy to use connection to courtesy light ;-)Harness layout: uploads/770/M54_Layout.JPGConnector shape: uploads/770/M54.JPG

duncho2015-04-14 09:03:00

hello,

I am thinking of installing foot-well lights, can anyone send me the schematic of the M54 connector that I need to take the feed from, as I cant seem to find it.

many thanks
December 2022 = J12 1.5 Tekna e-power, Gun Metal Grey, Thinkware F800 Pro, Cellink Pro.

April 2017 = J11 1.2 N-Tec + DIG-T CVT 2016, Gun Metal Grey;
January 2015 = J10 1.6 Tekna DCI, Gun Metal Grey.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

M54.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
nitromax

Post by nitromax »

Many thanks hound for the schematic.
December 2022 = J12 1.5 Tekna e-power, Gun Metal Grey, Thinkware F800 Pro, Cellink Pro.

April 2017 = J11 1.2 N-Tec + DIG-T CVT 2016, Gun Metal Grey;
January 2015 = J10 1.6 Tekna DCI, Gun Metal Grey.
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

Little kick up.

I see Hound recommending connecting to the brown pen 6 ground while duncho recommends connecting to the black pen 8 ground.

I'm a right to state that if you

connect to pen 6 - brown the footwells will only shine when doors are opened

connect to pen 8 - black the footwells will
- shine when car is unlocked
- shine when doors are opened
- will die off together with interior lights when driving off
- will die off after 10s when car is locked

Kr
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
Chrizh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Chrizh »

Also interested in answer to the above!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

QQ J11 1.6 dCi Xtronic CVT - Tekna - Solid Red
Chrizh

Post by Chrizh »

Where exactly is connector 54 please? Is it under the seat or under the steering column? Thanks!

Chrizh

Post by Chrizh »

Not particularly active this thread! I'm making slow progress lol! I've found from another forum that piggy backing a fuse which is for a component which is switched with the ignition is the way to go. I've ordered the piggy back adapter which should be here tomorrow. In meantime I'll check the fuse box out and start running the wiring.

Chrizh

Post by Chrizh »

Eventually I found connector 54! For those with RHD you'll find it tucked up and taped up in a loom that runs up the inner right side. You'll need a head torch and bendy joints! You've got to get your head right into the footwell to see it.

I finished my mod today. I used two 10cm lengths of RGB LED strip with solder contacts. Got a 12v RGB controller and some wire. Ran supply wires from pins 3 (violet) and 8 (ground) to the input on the RGB controller then ran 8 more wires (2 x 4 wires, +ve, R, G, B) and terminated them in the RGB controller. Continuity tested each wire and soldered it to the correct connection on the LED strip. I did all the wiring and soldering in the house, was then just a case of putting it all in place. I hid the RGB controller behind the panel that comes away in the footwell, right hand side. Wires were spiral bound and tucked away nicely in the various trim.

However, one problem I think my LED controller is faulty as the RF isn't working so I'm stuck with green for now. I'll return it to Maplin for an exchange tomorrow.
lapalmeraie wrote:Little kick up.

I see Hound recommending connecting to the brown pen 6 ground while duncho recommends connecting to the black pen 8 ground.

I'm a right to state that if you

connect to pen 6 - brown the footwells will only shine when doors are opened

connect to pen 8 - black the footwells will
- shine when car is unlocked
- shine when doors are opened
- will die off together with interior lights when driving off
- will die off after 10s when car is locked

Kr
Niek
I used pins 3 and 8. I plugged a digital multimeter in to these and left it in the footwell. Closed the doors and locked the car. I watched the voltage drop away after the courtesy light extinguished (10 secs?). So the footwell lights come on when unlocking the car. I've not driven yet but I'm assuming they will extinguish after I hit start and pull off like the courtest light does. They go off after short delay when locking the car.ImageImage