The wait is over!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
TeknaBJ

Post by TeknaBJ »

Collected my car yesterday absolutely love it, trying to train my hand not to look for the handbrake lots of toys to play with and there have been some flurries of snow this morning, thinks will I get the chance to try out the 4wd however should I just use the open top? IMG_20150301_163831.jpg

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Don't be worried if you get a warning saying that the emergency braking system has disabled itself. It does not like the snow and will sort itself out when you restart your engine!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

And it still has that problem even after having the FEB update, only it now clears itself shortly after it stops snowing even without re starting the ignition.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Probably going slightly OT here (slaps own wrist), but as I have said before, snow is still an object, I can perfectly understand it getting confused. I would prefer it to turn itself off rather than slamming the brakes on at 70mph in the 3rd lane of the M61!!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Totally agree Splank, its just that I thought the recall would help prevent this from happening. As you say, its better that it switches off and makes you aware of its status rather than anchor on and risk causing a pile up.
TeknaBJ

Post by TeknaBJ »

Thanks for the warning, have just come back after dropping off my two youngest grandchildren driving through heavy snow showers. No problems to report other than a slight rattle on the front passenger side this morning, which seemed to have disappeared this evening mpg showing 45.5 and I am working on improving that