New Car - Qashqai "Black Edition"

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
eveles
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by eveles »

sduk wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:43 am
Mad Maru wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 am Love it tempted from the beginning to do this let us know how the plastidip fairs in daily use. This is how Nissan should've released the black edition in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
will do, its really tough stuff, I've washed the front and back badges numerous times and they are fine. I'm just careful not to put the powerwasher too close just incase.

I'm sure the sides will be the same, its amazing how you just peel it off and its a perfect cut around the trim.

Hello, sduk you car rocks!!
as i am planning to make some of your modifications by my own, i d like to ask sduk for some technical details.

1. how did you manage to uninstall the front v shaped grill?? does ti have screws from the inside? did you use a plastic pry tool from the outside?

2. what kind of paint didi you use to paint the v shaped grill? i can see the it is gloss, so either plastidip with some coats of glossifier on top or regular spray with gloss?

3. the same question for the front and rear skid plates...

4. how did you apply plastidip on the front nissan emblem? you had to uninstall it and do the jod apart from the car of did you mask the rest of the grill and apply the spray there ?

Sorry for asking so many questions!! :)

Thanks

sduk

Post by sduk »

eveles wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:31 pm
sduk wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:43 am
Mad Maru wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 am Love it tempted from the beginning to do this let us know how the plastidip fairs in daily use. This is how Nissan should've released the black edition in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
will do, its really tough stuff, I've washed the front and back badges numerous times and they are fine. I'm just careful not to put the powerwasher too close just incase.

I'm sure the sides will be the same, its amazing how you just peel it off and its a perfect cut around the trim.

Hello, sduk you car rocks!!
as i am planning to make some of your modifications by my own, i d like to ask sduk for some technical details.

1. how did you manage to uninstall the front v shaped grill?? does ti have screws from the inside? did you use a plastic pry tool from the outside?

2. what kind of paint didi you use to paint the v shaped grill? i can see the it is gloss, so either plastidip with some coats of glossifier on top or regular spray with gloss?

3. the same question for the front and rear skid plates...

4. how did you apply plastidip on the front nissan emblem? you had to uninstall it and do the jod apart from the car of did you mask the rest of the grill and apply the spray there ?

Sorry for asking so many questions!! :)

Thanks
Hello,

1. You can open the bonnet and release the little plastic pins to remove the whole grill. Just use a flat head screwdriver to twist the centre and then pop it up. The grill then pulls up and out with a little force. No pry tools needed. Once you can see the back of the grill the V part can be removed by releasing the awkward little clips. Be careful not to snap them.

2. The V grill was painted to be body coloured by a professional body shop.

3. Front and rear skid plates were also painted by the body shop to the same colour as the car.

4. You just mask wide of the area you want to plastidip and then spray the badges on the car. You then peel the excess spray off and the plastidip comes away at the edges to just leave it on the badge. If you youtube plastidip you will see loads of example videos. It is super simple to do and if you go wront you just peel off and start again.

Hope that helps :)
eveles

Post by eveles »

Thanks man!! I have spent hours watching plastidip videos and i believe i am ready to give it a go. So how come you didnt use pladtidip glosdifier on your badges to give them a glossy finish??
sduk

Post by sduk »

No worries. You really can’t go wrong with it. It’s so simple.

I just wanted the matt finish for the front and rear badges and the side chrome strips. Just personal preference 👍
Globek

Post by Globek »

sduk wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:08 pm No worries. You really can’t go wrong with it. It’s so simple.

I just wanted the matt finish for the front and rear badges and the side chrome strips. Just personal preference 👍
Hi is it 100% no rubbing or any sort of issues with 225/55/19 tyres? Thanks