Qashqai Black Edition - Modified Pics!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
sduk

Post by sduk »

Hey everyone, been a while since I posted but been lurking.

I've had my 1.5dci Tekna QQ for nearly 1 year now and it's changed quite a bit since I first got it...

ImageUntitled by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0008 by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

I have since changed the following....

- Genuine Black Edition 19" alloys
- Nissan X-Trail upsized tyres
- Colour coded front "V" grill
- Side running boards
- Powerflow rear exhaust tailpipe
- Eibach 25mm front and 30mm rear spacers
- Satin black front and rear Nissan Badges
- Team Heko wind deflectors
- black painted brake calipers
- LED number plate lights
- Roof lip spoiler
- Front and rear bumper extensions and painted body coloured.

I think that is it haha. I was photographing a car show today and decided to take some pictures of the car whilst I was there....

ImageQashqai-3 by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

ImageQashqai-2 by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

ImageQashqai-1 by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

Delighted with the way it is looking now. Only thing left is I am going to de-chrome the window surrounds and de-wiper the rear as I never use it and it gets in the way of cleaning!

Just thought I'd share.

Sammy

Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

Loving what you have done to the car, having an actual black edition I can very much appreciate the styling and going the extra mile to get the look that you want. Have to admit you have given me a few things to consider cosmetically and tyres wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sduk

Post by sduk »

Mad Maru wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:17 pm Loving what you have done to the car, having an actual black edition I can very much appreciate the styling and going the extra mile to get the look that you want. Have to admit you have given me a few things to consider cosmetically and tyres wise.

Thanks! What else is different to yours that comes with the Black Edition from factory do you know?

The tyres make such a difference to the look and comfort. Fills the arches far better in my opinion and softens the ride. I needed 3 new tyres so it made sense to upgrade them at that time :)
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Well you've gone beyond the styling of the black edition with the badges and front grille. The black Edition kick plates are a nice extra with mine. I was tempted about the chrome strips but as paint on those areas easily is chipped have left it for now.

I'm planning to get a sun strip inside the windscreen black obviously then fit my dash cam. Planned to wrap the front chrome grille either in black or carbon vinyl. Then sit back and see what else takes my fancy but I'm trying not to modify this one.

The tyre option is one I'll consider when new ones are needed.

Gel

Post by Gel »

Hope you've spoken to your insurers.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Gel wrote:Hope you've spoken to your insurers.
For a sun strip, dash cam and higher profile tyres not necessary at all. But I'm guessing you are referring to the initial author of the post?

switchback

Post by switchback »

sduk wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:18 am
The tyres make such a difference to the look and comfort. Fills the arches far better in my opinion and softens the ride. I needed 3 new tyres so it made sense to upgrade them at that time :)
Surely the bigger tyres have changed the gearing and speedo reading as you now have a much larger rolling circumference? Not sure your insurers would pay out with that modification either :| .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Spuk, nice personal job with the Customising it has turned out really well ✅ - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but there's a rubberised paint called Plastidip which is pretty hard-wearing - it would disguise your chrome window trim, though you'd need to do lots of masking. It can be peeled off if you want to remove it and reapply.

Car looks very smart. Got a secret filter in Photoshop for that effect? :)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
sduk

Post by sduk »

Hound wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:21 am Not sure if it's been mentioned before but there's a rubberised paint called Plastidip which is pretty hard-wearing - it would disguise your chrome window trim, though you'd need to do lots of masking. It can be peeled off if you want to remove it and reapply.

Car looks very smart. Got a secret filter in Photoshop for that effect? :)
ah yeah it was plastidip I used on the front and rear badges. Amazing stuff! Got two more cans sitting waiting to be used so going to do the side chrome with them.

Thanks for the nice comments, no secret filter just an expensive camera and lens haha!