Smart Key Start Up Issues

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
spikey1509
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by spikey1509 »

Having issus with my Smart Remotes, both have 2 remotes and both have had batterries replaced!..
Regularly when go to start I’m informed ‘No Key Recognised’ normally putting the key nearer the Start/Stop button resolves it. It gets a bit tedious at times!..
Is this a a Software issue?..😡😡

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Just changed one of my keyfobs batteries for same issue yesterday. Are you sure that the batteries weren’t mixed up and the old one reinstalled?
Certainly sorted mine, for the second time in 3.5 years.
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

You haven't dropped the remotes at any stage in their life have you? One of my remotes has a similar issue. I changed the battery in it, and it still wouldn't work properly, After I changed the battery I did remember that it had been dropped at some stage in it's life, so guess it upset it a bit, usually have to give it a bash and it will then work! . I did try to get my Nissan dealer to look at it when the car went in for a service (didn't tell them that it had been dropped mind you), but they were going to charge me £20 for a new battery and then look at it! In the end I told them not to bother as it is only used as a spare, and as I say if I give it a bash on the side it will more than often work!

Cheers Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
spikey1509

Post by spikey1509 »

Thanx for your replies, I don't think either of the remotes have been dropped but, can't be sure as one is my wife's key. I will make sure both remotes have new batteries and then go from there, as it might only be occurring with one remote!..
Further checks required as I only drive it every so often, I think wifey might have given me the duff remote!..

To be continued....