Lower front grill in chrome

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

Just thought I would show off my lower front radiator grill in chrome, I think it looks pretty good and it will also protect the radiator from any stones that could fly through that big gap that there was before.
Just trying to find a supplier who will ship the matching upper grill covers.
The parking was deliberate to prevent getting another car in the shot

Grill is made from Metal not plastic and is attached with 4 brackets that screw tight to prevent them just pulling off.

Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Terry, take a look at this post : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4197&start=30&hilit=Grills or just put “Grills” in the “Search” for the old posts. I am not sure but I think this is the same or a similar one previously mentioned. This type of Grill option makes sense for protection provided the Cooling is not affected, but it will not fit if you have the Chrome Grill Strip added - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I’d be a little bit concerned about possible engine overheating and lack of cooling on your air conditioning.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

To be honest, I prefer black as it matches a lot of the other plastic parts. The mesh also looks quite fine in the picture, there is a strong chance airflow may be restricted, but to what extent I would not know.
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:25 pm Terry, take a look at this post : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4197&start=30&hilit=Grills or just put “Grills” in the “Search” for the old posts. I am not sure but I think this is the same or a similar one previously mentioned. This type of Grill option makes sense for protection provided the Cooling is not affected, but it will not fit if you have the Chrome Grill Strip added - Dave :)
Hi Dave yes it looks very similar but I think mine has a tighter knit on the mesh ( Holes are smaller ) as for not fitting if you have the chrome grill strip, are you referring to the Nissan Genuine Qashqai J11 Front Lower Lip Finisher Trim - Chrome KE6104E52C ?
My car has this chrome strip fitted I put it on myself before I found these grills and my grill fitted no problem, the chrome strip did not get in the way of anything and did not make fitting a problem.
I think it may depend on the type of fixing method used on the grill.

I am not sure if you could get the front skid plate ( Cross over Pack )to fit with this grill on but I think I am going to go for a straight round chrome bar across the front so would be pointless putting skid plate on.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Daewar wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 pm To be honest, I prefer black as it matches a lot of the other plastic parts. The mesh also looks quite fine in the picture, there is a strong chance airflow may be restricted, but to what extent I would not know.
It does look tight in the pictures but there is plenty of room for airflow, I have not noticed any change in engine temp and no difference in aircon.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Terry, correct we have as you stated the Chrome Strip and after enlarging you Pic I can see it behind your new Grill. The “Skid Plate” we have also and that does look to be a problem as it overlaps which would mean a possible problem with the Grill although it looks like there is some space - Dave :)

EDCD3A2E-DEFF-497F-BF54-3FAB34CB65B7.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:11 pm Terry, correct we have as you stated the Chrome Strip and after enlarging you Pic I can see it behind your new Grill. The “Skid Plate” we have also and that does look to be a problem as it overlaps which would mean a possible problem with the Grill although it looks like there is some space - Dave :)

EDCD3A2E-DEFF-497F-BF54-3FAB34CB65B7.jpeg
Yes Dave there is a gap in the front of the grill but not sure how far back the skid plate raps over the front bumper, but looking at it I think it may fit, only way to really know would be try or if some one had the measurement of how much the skid plate goes back over the bumper and if I measure how far the gap is remaining between my grill and front of bumper.

I was also trying to get these but I can not find a supplier to ship to the UK
The grill and the number plate holder shame I really like them

Regards
Terry