Fitted my Shark Fin

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

Purchased a shark fin aerial from Aliexpress £3.50 it was Blue but obviously not going to be a Match so also purchased a Rattle Can of spray paint and clear coat.
When it arrived I gave it a little rub down with wet and dry so my paint would have some thing to grip, couple or coats or paint then couple of coats or clear coat and it was ready to fit.
Tuned all my local channels into pre set button on my radio then changed the aerial over and checked the stations before sticking down.
It received all stations just as strong no loss so good purchased.
£ 3.50 shark fin
£19.00 400ml paint + 400ml clear coat

This is before the repaint

Painting

And the finished product painted and fitted

Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights

trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Good job Terry.
S.
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

trout wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:01 pm Good job Terry.
S.
Thanks

Just fitted my Puddle lights and footwell lights but it was to light before to take photos so will take them on way out to work in the morning and post tomorrow
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
trout

Post by trout »

I bought a set of four LED footwell lights from eBay in fixed orange colour to match the dashboard lights.
Only £4.99 delivered U.K. supplier, I just tucked two under each front seat, one aimed forwards the other back.
I’m quite pleased with the effect, they work from a cig lighter socket in the centre console.
S.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Terry, for that price and just a little Hand Work you cannot go far wrong. I fitted ours in 2014 from Village Garages and it still works and looks good. Just a question is it DAB compatible for that price as ours was not but worked out here - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:33 am Terry, for that price and just a little Hand Work you cannot go far wrong. I fitted ours in 2014 from Village Garages and it still works and looks good. Just a question is it DAB compatible for that price as ours was not but worked out here - Dave :D
Not DAB Dave I have not come across one that is advertised as being yet, I do not thing you can fit what is need for DAB in one of these and suspect that Nissan has the DAB aeriel hidden away in the roof or dash.
If you wanted I am sure you could buy a DAB aeriel and fit it in the dash behind the glove box then your shark fin would be solely for display.

DAB aeriel £20

I am thinking of putting an Andriod system in and added DAB plus reverse camera and may be even Digital TV once you have the right Android system the rest are plug and play, you can even get wireless reverse camera so no feeding wire from front to back

That will be my next thing to do but it may have to wait till there is some spare money in the pot ;)
Last edited by Terry64 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

trout wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:48 pm I bought a set of four LED footwell lights from eBay in fixed orange colour to match the dashboard lights.
Only £4.99 delivered U.K. supplier, I just tucked two under each front seat, one aimed forwards the other back.
I’m quite pleased with the effect, they work from a cig lighter socket in the centre console.
S.
I have fitted mine now and set them to orange but can change them via the remote, mine came with the cig lighter socket but I have cut that off and wired them up so they work with the doors opening along side my puddle lights so they all work together.
I can turn them off all together with the remote was going to wire a switch in.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Terry, I asked the question regarding DAB as our non DAB Sharks Fin works OK out here and I am satisfied. I did get our Dealer to knock up a special DAB Aerail but in the end it was just too expensive and as you mentioned the Head Lining had to be removed - Dave 😉

Did do a lot of testing with Duncho in amongst this lot although it seems to have changed a bit :
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1127&p=18971&hilit ... lin#p18624
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm Terry, I asked the question regarding DAB as our non DAB Sharks Fin works OK out here and I am satisfied. I did get our Dealer to knock up a special DAB Aerail but in the end it was just too expensive and as you mentioned the Head Lining had to be removed - Dave 😉

Did do a lot of testing with Duncho in amongst this lot although it seems to have changed a bit :
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1127&p=18971&hilit ... lin#p18624
Yes that site you purchased your shark fin from in there question and answer section they state they have had reports that it works with DAB in certain countries.
jet

Post by jet »

Terry64 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 pm Not DAB Dave I have not come across one that is advertised as being yet, I do not thing you can fit what is need for DAB in one of these and suspect that Nissan has the DAB aeriel hidden away in the roof or dash.
Or even in the back door glass? :o
1.5 dCi MT Premium