Puddle lights and footwell lights fitted

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

So I spent my week end fitting my puddle lights I purchased from ebay for £25 Genuine Nissan brand new and boxed Bargain.
Also fitted my foot well light purchased from Aliexpress wired the foot wells up so they come on with key opening doors and doors being opened and die off when ignition switched on, they work as the room lamps do.
The rear foot well lights I got some self adhesive velcro and stuck the loop side to the 3 M tape that was on the lamps then under the driver and passenger front seats they just velcro to the cloth no hard work trying to wire tie ect and they can easily be moved.

I am thinking of changing the Nissan Orange Ambient lighting in the centre of the car to blue then change my foot wells to blue.
The orange lights on the centre panels look like they are one on each side, the panels just pull off as far as I can see, then there is a plug on the back that provides power.
So I reckon they could be changed pretty easy
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights

humbos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by humbos »

As a matter of interest where do the puddle lights fit and where do you power them up from? Thanks
2018 j11b Tekna 1.5dci in storm white.
All standard apart from Transend dashcam.
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

Did an update on where the puddle lamps fit
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

humbos wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:43 pm As a matter of interest where do the puddle lights fit and where do you power them up from? Thanks
If you look under the sill below the doors there are a number of rubber grommets( You pull 4 each side out ) the puddle lights are attached to the car by means of 4 T bolts that go in the holes that you have.
Very easy to remove
The power supply runs into the car by the front door pillow if you look just above the bottom door hinge, there is a rubber grommet you pull that out
You can also see in this image where the Conduit tube with the wires in runs into the door pillar and where it feeds up from
The tricky bit was threading the conduit tube up from the bottom to the top, you need to thread your wires through the tube before you do this or you will struggle to get the wires through.
You will be best if you thread something down from top to bottom then tape the tube to it and pull it up.
I used a long wire tie ( Old metal style coat hanger would work too if you can find one.
I pulled the wires through the conduit tube so I had a few inches and folded the wire down outside of tube and taped them up ( So not to loose them when pulling tube up mistake made and learned )
I then threaded a long wire tie down where the tube needs to come up and taped the tube to the wire tie and pulled up.
Once through I removed tape from wire tie then removed tape from wires and threaded wires through hole in door strut to inside car, then pushed the conduit tube through so I had around 8 inches of tube inside car. You can trim some off the tube from inside the car once you have tucked it all away and pulled any remaining through

You need to remove the foot panel on the inside on the car (same for both sides.) this is where the cable will come in behind

If you open your front doors and look down where the hinges are you will see a grey foam/polystyrene in the gap of the front wings, you push the wiring in the side of that and it pops behind the polystyrene so does not show or hang loose.
I used a long flat head screw driver to push it in, you will feel it pop behind the foam

The wires are run through a length of conduit piping for neatness and protection
The wire(Power supply) from left side runs behind glove box/fuse box ect to reach drivers side
They are wired to the accessory plug which is on the drivers side tucked up hidden and taped to other cables,

This can be found behind the panel in the picture above on the drivers side ( Although I believe there is one both sides)

In the image below you can see the puddle lights under the car ( Front end ) you can see where the Conduit tubes runs from.
In this tube is the 2 wires that power the lights.
Just under the tube you can see one of the self locking nuts on the T bolt that hold them to the under side of the car there are 4 in total.

There is no Drilling required the holes are already there.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
humbos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by humbos »

Thank u for that.
2018 j11b Tekna 1.5dci in storm white.
All standard apart from Transend dashcam.
d0Min_uS

Post by d0Min_uS »

Hi, nice fit. Can you share a link for that puddle light? Thanks!
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 dci CVT X-Tronic (J11-2014) color: Black - Z11, engine: R9M 2WD
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

d0Min_uS wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:03 pm Hi, nice fit. Can you share a link for that puddle light? Thanks!
The ones I have fitted are Genuine nissan part number KE2954E001
I got myself a bargain on ebay and purchased then for £25 Brand new and boxed
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Niss ... 2749.l2649
The Nissan ones are just a U shaped length of black plastic with the lights wired and stuck inside and holes for the light to shine through, Not worth £160

But before I purchased these I was going down another route I purchased these

I was going to buy 2 lengths of aluminium ( Flat or U shaped ) + 8 x M6 T bolts ( 4 each side )
Drill 4 holes in the aluminium to coincide with the holes under the car
Attached these lights to the aluminium trips They have 3M tape and 2 screw holes each light
Bolt to car
And then complete the wiring in the same way as the Nissan ones are.

lights was £3.50 they can also be found in white
can be found here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-Und ... 4c4d2uOhM6

I am thinking of using the ones I have to run along the front and rear of the car underneath and wired to the Puddle lights so they work in the same way.
Or another place I was thinking was in the wheel arches of all four wheels again wired to the puddle lights

But thats on hold untill we get some better weather
Last edited by Terry64 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d0Min_uS

Post by d0Min_uS »

Good idea. Thank you!
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 dci CVT X-Tronic (J11-2014) color: Black - Z11, engine: R9M 2WD
Toot84

Post by Toot84 »

Does anyone have the fitting instructions leaflet
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Toot84
Here you go you can download it from my google drive