Puddle lights and footwell lights fitted

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
RiveriaMan
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by RiveriaMan »

This is a long shot but worth asking, has anybody fitted the undersill welcome lights of the 2017 onwards version and if so do you have a fitting manual for this to share. The reason I ask is that the Nissan price is bad enough for the previous version KE2954E001 that fits models up to 2017 and on eBay it has these at £60 to £70, but the alleged newer version KE2954E00101 for models 2017 onwards at £200 for what it is, is taking the mick. So I was hoping that I might be able to get away with a bit of simple modification of the older version and connect this to the footwell lights that I have already fitted. But really curious what has changed between the two. Only thing I can see is that my 2017 has 11 grommets on the undersill and the old style manual refers to 10 and removing 4 ( 1,4,7,9) to fit the T bolts. So there is that possibly, but if the hole distances are still the same then makes very little difference just slightly more forward or slightly further back. For those that have fitted the older version what was the centre to centre distance of the grommets?
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.

Alan W

Post by Alan W »

Hi. Sorry it has taken a while to post this as I'd lost where I put the instructions. I fitted this to my 2020 Qashqai and it does look really good.

I'm sure that the one I bought off eBay was only £60, but the seller has sold out. The image on the one I bought, and the description, is the same as this one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Niss ... 0171.m2965
20201021092713428.pdf
(662.7 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
2020 Qashqai 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT N-Tec in Pearlescent Storm White
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Hi Alan as you have a 2020 then did you have 11 grommets on your undersill? Rather than the 10 the instructions suggest. Also did you not bother with the controller simply go red to red and black to black connecting to footwell light power supply.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

Hi.

Yes there is an extra grommet after the led light strip finishes. The strip is just a piece of plastic with the lights and cables glued on. Even if it doesn't quite line up, adapting new holes will take a few minutes.

Yes I did not bother with the controller, just connected to the footwell light cables as another member suggested on another thread.
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Hi Alan
Thanks from what your saying then really if you do a simple bit of wiring for the final connection and a possible work around on the mechanical fitting side of things which I think is the case, then why pay the crazy £200 price for these alleged newer p/n versions of the undersill puddle led lights.
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

Exactly. For what the kit actually is, it is probably worth around the £50 to £70 mark and you're right to stay away from the crazy sellers. However, it does look good when fitted, especially with the darker mornings and evenings.
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

So just for those that might be interested then have today fitted the cheaper older version of the welcome/puddle lights to my facelift Sept 2017 version Qashqai even though on most eBay adverts they say not suitable. So you can fit the cheaper £60 older version to newer cars, no problems on mechanical side as even though I have 11 grommets not 10, then the install holes for T bolts 1,4,7,9 still lined up OK. Did not bother with control module on electrical side and and went straight to footwell lights.

PNG image.png

Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Looks really good, fella...Would love some of these on mine.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Many thanks, the most difficult time consuming part was the feeding of the convoluted tube up and through the door hinge grommet hole even with the previous suggested tips. But certainly worth it in the end, still think for what they are even £60 is pushing it, as you could probably get leds,plastic channel, wire, convoluted tube, t bolts etc for a lot less, but certainly for convenience then everything comes together which I guess is what you are paying for, but certainly not worth £200 odd quit if buying the supposed newer version which I would assume has minimal difference.
Fewrious
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Fewrious »

Looks good and do you know if these can still be fitted if side steps are on the car ?
QQ 1.5 DCI Tekna :D :D
Blue chip box 140bhp
Heko Window Deflectors
Scoutt Hood Deflector
30mm Spacers
Side Steps
Chrome door handles