Puddle lights and footwell lights fitted

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
RiveriaMan
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by RiveriaMan »

I would have to say no...not as they are originally intended to be installed as from what I know of the side steps then their brackets to hold them go across the sill, where these welcome lights are mounted along its length in parallel with. But given the weight of the plastic channel that contains the leds then no doubt they could depending on your side step design be mounted underneath them directly either by some mech fastener or simply by a strong adhesive.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.

Franzwin91

Post by Franzwin91 »

Salve la tua spiegazione è stata perfetta ma ho alcuni dubbi.
IO ho un qashqai del 2020 n-connecta li posso montare tranquillamente?
La spiegazione è stata chiara ma non ho ancora capito dove è come devo effettivamente collegare i fili dell alimentazione delle strisce LED, c'è un moschettone di collegamento oppure devo apportare modifiche all impianto di illuminazione?
E infine ultima domanda, il funzionamento delle luci una volta collegate bisogna attivarle per farle accendere quando si apre la portiera?
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

So if google translate is working correctly then these do come with a controller and some connectors which the instructions that come with the kit explains in detail. However if you already have footwell lights fitted like I did then it is easier to just connect to the wires of these for power. The footwell lights take their power from the interior light (see footwell light topic for more on this). So then the puddle lights come on when unlocked with remote or when you open a door.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

So for footwell lights that you can then also then use for power to puddle lights then view this.

Franzwin91

Post by Franzwin91 »

Io non riesco a capire dove vanno precisamente collegati, io non ho la luce vano piedi, vorrei sapere se ho la predisposizione per montare queste luci di pozzanghera. Ma per farle accendere quanto attivi la macchina o quando apri la portiera c'è da fare qualcosa in particolare tipo mettere un sensore? Oppure fa tutto da solo ma bisogna collegarlo in qualche punto specifico?
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Again if google translate working correctly.
If you do not have footwell lights fitted then you can still take power from the internal light as per the video link posted earlier if you take wires from the M54 connector as discussed in the video for footwell lights and connect the puddle lights to Violet and Brown wire of M54 connector then connected like this will give puddle lights coming on when unlocked with car remote, go off whilst driving, come on when stopped and open door, go off when you close door and lock. If you read this and watch the video it will all make sense how to use this method for power to puddle lights.
Rede

Post by Rede »

Hello, sorry if I add myself to this discussion but I need help, I am also trying to mount the puddle lights but I am having several problems, living in Italy the original nissan lights I cannot install them (they are not homologated) and therefore I would like to put as puddle lights a classic led strip but I can't find the connector where the original led bars connect. I disassembled half the car and followed the original instruction manual of the nissan but nothing, as you can see from the photos I found these connectors, but the one on the driver's side no cable receives voltage, those on the passenger side receive voltage even with the doors closed and the engine running, specifically I tried to connect to the purple and brown and purple and black cable but the voltage remains until I lock the car. Can you tell me what am I wrong? I searched the forum but I could not understand anything, unfortunately not even in this discussion I was able to understand anything. thank you very much and sorry for my terrible english. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I forgot the car is an n-connecta of 2020
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Hi Rede

If you watch the video I linked to earlier in this discussion (credit to La Palmeraie for this) then you can see you have two options to power your home made puddle lights the way you are likely to want them to work.
Either use wires at the M54 connector (located behind glove box) (violet & brown) or the R14 connector (Violet & Red) located at the interior light dome.

I did not fancy taking all the glovebox/dash apart to find the elusive M54 connector so went for the easier option of the R14 as I had done before for the footwell lights.

So I would suggest trying the R14 (violet & red) wires as I know from my experience that it works.

But as you have already taken your car apart then it should work with the Violet & Brown wires of the M54.

Which you have said you have tried, but did you have a door open at the time of testing as this would most likely override anything and also (think not possible to do without being outside) you need to be outside of the vehicle with the key to properly lock which again may be effecting things if you are not doing this. Screen shots from video below, Hope this helps.

1682F877-E54A-40A4-BFE6-1A345D267274.png

5F1EE3FF-F598-4137-8B0C-767D83A4DECF.png

lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Thanks for sharing mate :D
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
Mitch40

Post by Mitch40 »

Hi, I'm really sorry if this has been mentioned already but want to be absolutely sure before I go ahead and buy these, are these essentially just plug in and play via the accessory plug behind the drivers kick pannel when using the control module that comes with it (if im not installing footwell lights) or will I need to tap into the wires on the plug to get these to work. TIA
2018 - Qashqai Tekna 1.5 dci - vivid blue