SHARK FIN ANTENNA

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Terry, you and me Installed the Basic “Shell” Design Sharks Fin which when Done properly is easy and looks the part. If you are interested in a DAB type setup then it is more difficult as from what I can remember the Headlining has to be dropped to get all the electrical stuff in. There is a load of posts on this subject and tests carried out with Duncho under “Search” if Ozzy is interested - Dave 😉

Terry, this was your post :
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7206&p=60757&hilit ... Fin#p60745
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:25 am Hi Terry, you and me Installed the Basic “Shell” Design Sharks Fin which when Done properly is easy and looks the part. If you are interested in a DAB type setup then it is more difficult as from what I can remember the Headlining has to be dropped to get all the electrical stuff in. There is a load of posts on this subject and tests carried out with Duncho under “Search” if Ozzy is interested - Dave 😉

Terry, this was your post :
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7206&p=60757&hilit ... Fin#p60745
Hi Dave I believe you can get away with just dropping the rear part of the headlining, the actual antenna is help with one nut and there are two plugs on the cable which are very close the the actual fitting.
You may even get away with sliding your hands under the head lining and doing things by touch.
Well at least that was the finding I could find when I was looking into this as I was going to go down the route of buying original replacement part but it came down to cost although it may be a bit cheaper to find one in a scrappy now as there are more with shark fin being wrote off.
Terry
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Johnner62
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Johnner62 »

Hi all I have an original shark fin aerial from the j11b qashqai and it has 1 grey plug coming off it however my qashqai 2014 dci tekna has a standard aerial and it has 2 plugs coming off it 1 grey and 1 brown and they plug just underneath the headliner I want to put the shark fin aerial on my car will the grey plug just plug in and forget about the brown one anyone know how I can do this