SHARK FIN ANTENNA

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
MIamiRogueSport
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by MIamiRogueSport »

Hey lads,

I've noticed that alot of high-end SUV's (and more high-end vehicles) come with the shark fin antenna to which my Nissan Rogue Sport does not....
This bugs me...

I searched online (eBay, Amazon, Alibaba) for different shark fin antennas and there are quite a few available.
They prices range from $25 - $135!

Can anyone recommend a good one to buy or where I could get it?
I have SiriusXM satellite radio and I'm worried to mess something up.

Black-Shark-Fin-Antenna.jpg

Trunk outer-door lip & Bumper trim,Front grille lip trim,Front lower-bumper trim,Dual-exhaust muffler tip,Turning light trim,Rear reflector-light trim,Tail-light trim,Head-light trim mask,Inner-Front Grille trim,Front/Rear Bumper Protector Plates

Gel

Post by Gel »

Pse use the SEARCH box before starting; there are several earlier threads on this topic.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ozzy, pretty busy guy today with your questions 😁 We have on our QQ a Shark Fin from Visual Garage Canada but they do not use DAB Radio there, I Installed ours years ago and for us in Berlin the DAB works.
The new QQ J11B has a DAB Shark Fin Installed as Std due to the Electronic Upgrades - Dave 😉

You can also use “Search” to source information :
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7206&p=60742&hilit ... Fin#p60706

This is our QQ Visual Garage Shark Fin :

373704F4-5C79-4114-9236-5D2BAC2ABB09.jpeg

https://shop.visualgarage.com/collections/nissan

FEC7E8F6-50B8-4D9F-9BD8-6250048570F1.jpeg

The new QQ J11B Shark Fin + Info’ :

FC292C21-876D-4F56-B9A0-EB9CB642EC8F.jpeg

B6A690B0-0C61-4950-A564-B64F1D27FF4A.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MIamiRogueSport

Post by MIamiRogueSport »

Thank you, Dave! You are true gentleman.
I love the suggestion you provided and Im interested in ordering it right away.

Question....what did you mean with DAB radio?
Im not familiar with that term here in the US.
Trunk outer-door lip & Bumper trim,Front grille lip trim,Front lower-bumper trim,Dual-exhaust muffler tip,Turning light trim,Rear reflector-light trim,Tail-light trim,Head-light trim mask,Inner-Front Grille trim,Front/Rear Bumper Protector Plates
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Digital Audio Broadcast, as opposed to FM, Medium/Long wave or AM broadcast.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ozzy, us Europeans are pretty quick - Dave 😉

Just a couple of general comments nothing Technical but probably enough for your question :

What is DAB radio and how does it work?
How digital radio actually works is fairly simple. The radio station creates a digital signal at the same time they create the analog signal. The digital signal is compressed and then broadcast along with the analog signal. These are transmitted at the same time from an antenna.

Is DAB radio better than FM?
DAB radio is not perfect though. Even though FM broadcasts are an older method of receiving radio station broadcast signals, they still tend to come in much clearer than DAB signals on many occasions because of the fact that DAB transmits on a smaller range of frequencies.

What are the advantages of DAB radio?
DAB radio – disadvantages. DAB radio has the potential to provide listeners with better sound quality than FM radio but in reality the bit rate (the amount of data sent per second; the higher the bit rate the higher the sound quality) of stations is minimised to allow more stations to be broadcast at once.Jan 18, 2016
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ozzy, take a look at this new post the New 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport has been announced similiar to the European QQ J11B - Dave :)
No views of a Shark Fin though looks like a Small Black one perhaps the existing 🙄

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7904#p63477
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

MIamiRogueSport wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:18 pm I have SiriusXM satellite radio and I'm worried to mess something up.
Never heard of it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_XM_Satellite_Radio

We don't have satellite radio in europe as far as I know. There may be specific requirements for aerials to receive it.

(I'd have thought you need a dish !?!?!? )
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Some friends have this system in the US on their Chevrolet & Cadillac SUV’s. It appears that it is initially free but then you have to pay and a lot of Owners then drop out. Nissan are a big user of this system and it offered as a Basic Std or an Option in various steps - Dave :)
I did not really want to post a lot as it seems to have been covered, but this was just to indicate it is widely used in the US and by Nissan 🙄

SiriusXM® Satellite Radio is available in all properly equipped Nissan models, with a 3-month trial subscription to the XM All Access package. With All Access you can: ... Listen to over 160 channels of SiriusXM Internet Radio at home or on the go with the SiriusXM app.

Listen to every channel available on your car radio, including over 150 channels and all of our premium programming
Listen to over 160 channels of SiriusXM Internet Radio at home or on the go with the SiriusXM.
Nissan Connect with SiriusXM : Customers who buy or lease a Nissan equipped with SiriusXM® are eligible for a 3-month trial subscription to the SiriusXM All Access package [*]. From a coast-to-coast road trip to your daily commute, you’ll have over 150 channels to enjoy.
Streaming Online and on the App : Listen to your SiriusXM favorites outside the car by streaming your service online and on the app – it’s included in your trial subscription.
Commercial-Free Music of All Kinds : SiriusXM covers virtually every genre, from pop to punk, rock to reggae, country to classical, alternative to acoustic favorites, hip-hop to house, and everything in between. Plus you can enjoy epic events, exclusive live performances, and artist-dedicated channels.
Exclusive Talk & Comedy : Get entertainment and talk radio programs you won't find anywhere else. The biggest names and brightest stars, plus politics, lifestyle, family and laugh-out-loud comedy.
Every Major Sport : Get live play-by-play of every MLB®, NFL and NBA game, listen to Fantasy Sports Radio, plus get every NASCAR® race, NHL® games and coverage of the PGA TOUR®, college sports and more.
World-Class News 24/7 : World-class news providers bring you live, breaking coverage from around the globe. Tune in to follow the financial markets and keep up with every topic on public radio. Plus, you’ll get local traffic and weather and more, no matter where you drive.

D15F865E-1E4D-4CAC-9901-FDCAA1F48BFD.jpeg

Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

It does look like some of the models are being made with shark fin but not the sport from what I can find, but it would be an easy change
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights