Tekna 1.6 dCi Magnetic Red - My first 100 miles

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
ferris

Post by ferris »

So happy to finally get my car, it felt a long wait since Feb. I know some folks have longer waits, hang on in there, it's worth it!Given it its first 100 miles driving back from dealership. Things I likedelectric handbrake takes no time to adjust to. It just works. Turns off when you pull away, applies when you're parked. With the hill start assist, you just don't miss those great big levers. I'll soon think they are rather quaint.I found the 1.6 pretty quiet, no grumbles from me (or the car!). Didn't really notice any appreciable wind noise eitherI was worried about reports of the sound system, which I didn't try on my test drive. I thought it was just fine, but I can see how an extra subwoofer might bring a little more excitement. Don't think I'll bother fitting one though.Going through M6 roadworks, I loved watching it read the speed restriction signs. No more sudden thoughts of "wait, am I in a 50 limit here?"Love the iKey - stroll up, open door, start car without ever taking the key out of my pocketThe seat is awesome. Hands down the most comfortable in its class!I popped the bonnet and it's like the engine bay of space shuttle under there. (I don't know much about engines, so I'm easily impressed.)So far, not one single gripe. Very happy customer!I bought my car on a good PCP deal through Nationwide, and it was a super smooth transaction both with them and their dealer. If anyone wants some contact details message me!

ferris2014-05-23 14:24:09

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Very nice, is that the magnetic red?Mine is due tomorrow.
tekna cvt mag red
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Many thanks for the excellent report Paul, your health to enjoy her sir, its good to hear a the positive side of the new car, only four weeks for mine to show up really looking forward to that day.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Thanks' for your comments Paul, lovely looking car in Magnetic Red I almost swayed to that colour myself. Nice to hear good comments, I am sure you will continue to enjoy and get the most out of your new QQ
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
ferris

Post by ferris »

Yes, that's Magnetic Red - here's Flame Red for comparison.Took family out in it, smiles all round! Panoramic sunroof drew gasps from the back seats as it was revealed!Haven't tried self-parking yet. That's going to blow their minds :)
Johnnie Qashguy

Post by Johnnie Qashguy »

Car looks fantastic!! pick our Tekna 4x4 1st June, one question do the wheels come with locking nuts?happy driving ferris.
Johnnie Q
ferris

Post by ferris »

@Johnnie - yes, as part of the handover my dealer made sure I was aware of where the key adapter was. These are numbered and you're supposed to keep a secure note of these somewhere. Which I really must do!I've bought a full size alloy from another forum user, haven't got a tyre fitted to it yet, but when I do I'll take some pictures of how it affects boot space.
Johnnie Qashguy

Post by Johnnie Qashguy »

Thanks for the info, look forward to seeing the piccies also will look into having a full size spare wheel not happy with the can thingy.
Johnnie Q