200 mph qashqai awesome

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Stupot100

Post by Stupot100 »

smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" /> svm qashqai r seen on topgearStupot1002014-05-27 21:06:21

SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

we are going to build a NISMO qashqai next year sometime although obviously not to this spec - what i cant understand is this is running 1100 bhp and is no quicker than a standard gtr running 560 bhp and slower than a nismo gtr running 600 bhp and lets face it if you spent £200,000 on a gtr it would have about 2000 bhp and would probably take off....
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

This isn't really a Qashqai though, just the body of one! What they did was take a GTR and removed the body. Take a Qashqai and removed the body. Mate Qashqai body to GTR floor/chassis. Other than the Qashqai dash, everything inside is GTR. ITs the "easy" way to do this, that way you don't have to faf around with the engine, can keep the GTR drive train and trick suspension setup, whilst making it look like something else.
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

i know they did the same with a juke r the other year and that was slower than a standrd gtr too
Deleted User 759

Seems a shame that they are doing it this way. I know it makes sense in terms of suspension, engine and transmission pickup points, but meh, just seems like a half assed job to me, essentially they are just "re-skinning" the GTR! You just have to take a look at the drag racing world where stupid engines get crammed into things they should not.... no "cut and shut" jobs, other than maybe custom subframes.... I particularly like the Chevvy V8 small block being wedged into the front of a Fiat 126! http://www.tazracing.co.uk/chris-skinner.php
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

There is a guy on the skoda forums who is trying to get 450bhp out of a "citygo". As much as possible he's trying to keep it looking like a normal enrty level bogo spec Q car.God knows how much he's spent on it but whatever keeps people amused.
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 759

There have been a few interesting cars like that, but these are what I call "done properly", rather than just cutting a shell of and calling it that car. I recall a number of years ago a car called "little bandit", a stripped out but very much standard looking 1.0L Micra, but was hiding a SR20DE engine from, if I recall correctly a Almera GTi. A turbo was then bolted to it. I'm sure it made around 500hp, there are vids of it having epic trouble getting off the start line on drag strips, but as soon as it got *some* grip in higher gears, it was taking on all sorts of cars and embarrassing the lot! Shame he crashed the car, but he continued to do similar work to an Almera GTi and was making interesting progress. Another crazy build here if you have a few minutes to spare to catch up:http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index.ph ... evolution/ Take 1 Ford Fiesta and take 1 Evo engine and drive train and "make it fit"! (Original plan starts off as something else, then a few pages in the project changes to the Evo engine)
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

40 minutes later and the guys a certified genius / nutter.
Nissan no more...