Where is your laser sword, Luke?

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Eni
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Eni »

From the moment of purchase of Kashkai, I knew that thresholds in the form of pipes with illumination would be necessary. It seems to me that the “polite backlight” in its original form adds to the exterior a kind of “thin line”, “interspersion”, that what is not noticeable and not visible until a certain moment and at the same time is not intrusive and fleeting. then a minute and everything is just like everyone else, but at the same time it makes those who see it turn around “didn’t it seem to me?”
However, I did not think that it would be necessary to try very hard in order for the Wishlist to materialize.
The search for this accessory began from the Nissan store in Ukraine, but their price, even taking into account the discount, is something inconveniently intelligible: $ 753 excluding delivery and installation! Searches in other stores, countries and resources did not lead to anything, the price is the same, and even if you can find cheaper on Ebay, the delivery will still equalize the price. Having abandoned this idea for some time, on the same Ebay was purchased, at an affordable price, all the same original threshold lights, in the form of a metal diode strip KE295-4E00101.
Excellent effect in the evening, bright and powerful diodes, always shone even in the winter, through the mud and snow "beard", sticking to the bottom.
It would have been a ride and rejoice, but the thought about the "pipes" did not leave his head, it seemed that something was missing. Then one day, having resumed the search, to my surprise, I find the cherished element and it costs reasonable money. Only it is sold in another galaxy, in a completely different world, to which I can not get! Of dealer Nissan in the city of Belgorod sells a complete, brand new original set of KE5434E530 for $ 208 !!!
Today it is faster and easier to buy on another continent, in China or America, than in a city that is a couple of hours away from you!
How to pay?
How to check and deliver?
How to transport across the border two long and heavy pipes, with built-in diodes and wires resembling a rocket launcher?
There are a total of TWO iron pipes, but their purchase and delivery lasted for months.
Converting and transferring money, looking for a carrier and waiting for a parcel, and now, a long and heavy cardboard box in my car!
Heavy, chrome pipes with a full set of fasteners and detailed instructions with pictures went to the local OD for installation. The installation did not cause any difficulties, everything is fixed to the regular places, the connection is even easier, since the strips were removed and put up for sale, and all the hidden wiring is connected to the new thresholds. The algorithm works all the same:
opened / closed lights,
any button on the key fob in any mode is lit,
opened any door glow,
Armed - shine longer, performing the function of "polite path."
No problems in the winter, the diodes are very powerful and shine through any layer of dirt.
After half a year, I no longer imagine Kashkai without these thresholds, and the feeling that “something is missing” no longer bothers.
Now the "Leader of the Tribe" is armed with a laser sword, as befits a real warrior.
https://www.drive2.ru/l/533015475550945397/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg