The Italian Job

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
xpdev

Post by xpdev »

This is my QQ 2014 1.6 Tekna 4WD in a very sunny day....
xpdev2014-05-30 23:51:55

th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

very nice, is it pearl white or stormy white?I see crossover pack installed. Did you put anything else extra on top of these too?
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
xpdev

Post by xpdev »

Thanksit's stormy whiteNothing else then that you see.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

xpdev, welcome to the Forum from the "German Job" the Stormy White QQ is looking nice, we have the same one on order. I am a bit of an "Eagle Eye" and have noticed your Installation of the "Shark Fin Antenna" for me a really nice addition as I installed one on our Juke Tekna a couple of years back - nice !. It made me smile a bit as sitting at the side of my PC is an Antenna all ready to Install for when we get our QQ. I received this last week from Canada and am pleased with the Quality as before. Now would you be good enough to confirm that this Antenna functions OK with the Nissan Connect & DAB Radio as I was asked by my Nissan Dealer - my answer no idea no QQ ! The Supplier does not think it will be a problem but in Canada they do not have DAB !. So I would appreciate some comments on your experiences with the Antenna & Nissan Systems - Thanks for your Time and look forward to your comments - Dave

Nissan Juke Tekna / Pearl White Shark Fin Antenna :

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
xpdev

Post by xpdev »

@DaveBerlinhi, i bought the antenna on ebay from a German manufacturer, I did not find any problem with the radio, DAB or not DABMay you tell me who is your antenna manufacturer located on Canada ?thanksby by
xpdev2014-05-31 14:17:58
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Is there much work involved in fitting??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Gel"]
Is there much work involved in fitting??[/QUOTE] good question - Dave?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Gel

Post by Gel »

[quote="PeterL"] [quote="Gel"] Is there much work involved in fitting??[/QUOTE] good question - Dave?[/QUOTE]
This makes it look painlesshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYEKA7nTBHI
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

PeterL / Gel, firstly mine are not from Beat Sonic or Ebay mine are direct from a Canadian Co. I bought one for the Juke after getting the info' from the US. OK I saw a video from Beat Sonic the other week and it looked too easy and they used a Template. Again it is how you want it, you can just plonk it on the roof or you can detail it on the roof that means in the the middle and square. For me it was easy but you need to think about it and take your time, all you remove is the extension rod and the roof part of the old aerial stays. You have to clean the roof with alcohol for the 3M tape to stick. What I done then was to stick masking tape on the roof at an approx position front and sides of the existing aerial and marked the middle of the roof and the sides. Then I marked the centre of the new antenna front and back to get the alignment with the roof. Then you just screw the electrical connection to the roof part, remove the 3M Tape, position it , place it over the old aerial, put pressure on it and you are finished. Do not wash the QQ for a few days after. I believe I have some assembly pics which I will look for.
The Co. are excellent and very easy to work with, they answer your emails and your questions and I got mine painted and delivered in 10 days to Germany. If you want more just pm me - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

have they a www?