After 4 months, 1.2 Tekna Magnetic Red

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
TerryDee

Post by TerryDee »

Arrived down the M6 in Manchester. Really impressed with son-in-law who could get a 20% discount via his work and Lex. Have decided to put on Alloygators - too many kerbs are higher than the tyres. I'm using a forum-recommended polish on the alloys - Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. A few drops goes a long way - and the finish is so smooth. I probably do all the paintwork too. I will report later - will brakes dust just jetwash off? Will it stop water retention by Alloygators harming the alloy finish?After 30 miles driving - it's a dream. Very quiet, much softer ride than the Civic, but still with a good feel of the road. The sound system is not HiFi, but a good 'normal' example of in-car entertainment. Finding it difficult not to get the key out to open/start the car. Keep grabbing for the handbrake too! I suppose I'll get used to it, then forget to put the handbrake on in the wife's car.This is a good forum - lots to learn.
QQ2 1.2 DigT Tekna Magnetic Red Ordered Feb Delivery June 18

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Congratulations Terry, looks good and your choice of Collinite 845 is perfect. I have used for years and it repels most of what is thrown at he car. My AlloyGaytors have shown no signs of wheel damage after three months, but I suppose we have seen to salt or serious mud issues yet, I will keep an eye on them.Regarding the hand brake, I let our Octavia roll a few feet after I got out the other week by forgetting to put the hand brake on, every time I use it I get confused, so much so that we are looking at changing it.Keep us updated of your findings
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
TerryDee

Post by TerryDee »

Thanks Jon.I'm thinking of putting the 'gators on myself (plus some help) if I can find the jacking points for a trolley jack. The QQ is the first car I've had that has not come with a jack! I'm looking into getting a removable tow-bar for my cycle carrier too. There is a good fitter/supplier in Leamington who supplies four different makes. It'll be interesting to see how prices/features compare with Nissan's towbar.
QQ2 1.2 DigT Tekna Magnetic Red Ordered Feb Delivery June 18