New heated screen

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Bodford

Post by Bodford »

Hi all. just to say I had my new heated windscreen fitted today . I was rather worried that this might not go to plan. My insurance company uses National windscreens, fitter came to my place of work , I told him please be very careful. All done no damage ,glad to say it seems nobody is using aftermarket glass as of yet. I just need to find out what they mean by , the qashqai uses an acoustic glass. have a look at the letters , o/s bottom of the screen , pic of a screen with an ear on it
David kilgariff

Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

According to this it means it reduces noise in the car from vibrations etc. interesting stuff - not a product that I even knew existed!

http://www.nationalwindscreens.co.uk/re ... mation.php
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

A lot of the aftermarket glass is made by the same company as makes OE glass I work for an Automotive glass manufacturer who supply Nissan.The acoustic PVB in the glass is to reduce road noise. Acoustic glass is quite old now and car manufacturers have started putting acoustic glass in front doors too.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
Bodford

Post by Bodford »

I also worked for an Automotive glass manufacturer some many years ago now who made glass for most vehicles. yes there glass passed the bs standards. but there was a lots of stress cracking , screens being made , sometimes 3 to 4 mm smaller , so trims would fit loose ect . just glad I still have the same spec, and markings on the new screen. its not good to have one make of glass all around the car , come to the screen and it says auto donkeys on it , if you understand
David kilgariff
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

I understand. There are some aftermarket producers that copy an OE product and have a lower quality glass and it is cheaper to buy so not going to be quite as good as OE but we supply OE and OES dealers plus we supply other aftermarket customers. If you go for one of the top manufacturers produced glass you should get good quality though as their reputation of good quality is very important and you can ask if the aftermarket fitter can supply a certain manufacturers glass.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Yeah the acoustic glass was introdeced with the facelift model in 2010, I remember them making a bit of a point about it,it was said to be quite an improvement but having never been in an earlier model I wouldnt know
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2