First few weeks with new N Connecta 1.5DCi

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
fbgqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: First few weeks with new N Connecta 1.5DCi

Post by fbgqashqai » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am

Well now at the 2 year point of ownership and at 20k miles. The car has behaved impeccably and the rattle fix applied by Nissan a good while back has worked well. The car is in for its second service, at £329 fixed price. They offered to do the D605 firmware update to my head unit too. Tyres are still doing very well with at least 5 mm of tread left on the fronts and more on the rears so I don't see any problems making 30k before the fronts need changing (18 inch wheels and driving sedately I guess).

Whilst I am happy with the tyres, they are taking photos of the diamond cut wheels and I will progress a warranty claim to have at least 3 of them replaced due to corrosion starting at the wheel centres. 1 is really quite bad, 2 are getting there and the 4th is just starting so we'll see how I get on. I can't fault Smiths of Peterborough in any way and I would thoroughly recommend them to anybody. Whilst this is my first Nissan from them I previously had 2 Renaults through the same group and I cannot fault the Smiths Group at all.

For those interested, I was also offered an Air Con Service and top up for £99 (I guess plus VAT) so that doesn't sound too bad for the new air con gas. Don't need it atm but may do at the 3rd service.

Picked up the car to find they have fitted a new battery as the Fiamm original failed a capacity check. All round very happy.
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver

fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:21 am

Just had phone call from Smiths Group, Nissan have agreed to replace 3 of the 4 wheels. I guess I need to wait a couple of months to submit another warranty claim for the 4th as the corrosion worsens.

fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 am

Nissan finally agreed to replace all 4 wheels which are now resplendent on the car. However I spoke with the guy doing the warranty claim who informed me that the wheel spec/part number hasn't changed so somewhat concerned that at year 4 i.e. 1 year outside warranty I may well be in the same position again!

Return to “Reviews / Comments”