ProPilot (en ICC) tested for real !

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

There are very few (non-commercial) videos of the ProPilot option... so I'll show you how it works!

Enjoy
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS

Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I'm not sure if I will ever use that, driving with car doing the steering and hands off the wheel.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geordieman, your comment “I'm not sure if I will ever use that, driving with car doing the steering and hands off the wheel.”
Really you do not have worry about this as it is absolutely safe and I have tried the results many times. You cannot really have your “Hands Off the Wheel” because should you have your Hands (or even light Pressure) Not in contact with the Steering Wheel you will get a Visual Alert, an Audible Alert and then a gradual Slow Down until a Stop.
You really need to give this System a Test Drive I was a worried man when doing the Test Drives but since then I have never had a problem or been anxious - Dave 🙂 🙏

Take a look here :

2AF76CC2-CD5E-462D-9629-5AA1A4C92700.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

One of the 'joys'of motoring was to, erm, 'drive' your car. Now it is steering itself. Where is the 'joy' in that?
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

I used this last weekend, driving 180 miles each way, to pick up a Nissan Juke Nismo RS for the better half. The motorway and dual carriageway driving was so simple and effortless. No aching limbs or tired eyes afterwards. This is an aid after all, and you can always go back to putting the effort in yourself. I was very impressed with it, as it is a great safety feature with an all round set of eyes on the road, that never gets tired or distracted.
2020 Qashqai 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT N-Tec in Pearlescent Storm White
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alan, nicely put that is my opinion also. I also like driving “Hands On”, but as you have mentioned the Safety Issue is “Nice to Have”. Incidently the Missus has opinions on this System but it is probably a misunderstanding as I think the Tesla problems come to mind - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken