Wheel choices

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Hi , I'm about to take delivery of a 2020 Tekna in Vivid Blue.

I love the wheels , 19inch diamond cut affairs , however , I do a lot of miles , and the condition can suffer a bit.
I'm not into kerbing or scuffing , but the brake dust can cause a bit of an issue as I am a self confessed lazy car cleaner :shock:
Added to which , they can be prone to white marks etc.

Also , I like the ride on the 18inch wheels which I have had on my last 2 Qashqai.

So my question , apart from dealer supplied OEM 18inch alloys that are not diamond cut in style , does anyone have any preferences or opinions on an aftermarket alloy , so that I can keep my nice wheels for best/summer/resale ?

Many thanks

Steve

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Buffy, I had the QQ J11A Tekna for 5 years with the Diamond Cut Wheels, OK they were only used for 6 months / year because of the Law here for Winter. I never had a problem with them, no “White” Marks, they were “ Cleaned” Regularly with Wheel Cleaner (Lidl W5), Washed (Dealer AutoWash), Dried, Polished and finally treated with “Nano” Polish for protection against as you mentioned Brake Dust build up.
We now have the QQ J11B with the Nissan “WIND” (Chrome Diamond Cut Dark Grey) and the same procedure applies for these.
Alloys with Large Openings between the Spokes are ideal for getting your hand in for cleaning the Brake Dust.

Nissan WIND :

83C637BB-F519-4173-8A3A-1086B08D2754.jpeg

Giacuzzo (large area for cleaning 🙄 :

3CBE38C8-5773-48A4-992D-B2CB9FA4F7B4.jpeg

You really have to look around on the Web for what catches your eye as most people have different ideas of design and looks.
I used this Co. “Giacuzzo” out here for our Nissan Note / Juke and now the Winter Wheels for the present QQ. Naturally the price for just the Alloy or Complete is a Big deciding factor - see attached Giacuzzo Wheels (in German language just look at the pics) :
Sommerkompletträder | QASHQAI | NISSAN | Giacuzzo Fahrzeugdesign : https://www.giacuzzo.com/nissan/qashqai ... ettraeder/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken