Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

[TUBE"]]GgJ3B2W7YUk[/TUBE"]]Dashcam video shows another driver believing I 'flashed' them. You don't see it, But the driver keeps gestering to the front of my vehicle as I drive by. I didn't by the way. Glad I have the camera to be honest.
Gone but not forgotton- Nissan QQ Tekna 2016 Gun metal +FS Spare - Hood Protector.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Not totall sure, but I think I know what the 'problem' may be.
Its happened to me about a dozen times or so over 9 months. What I have noticed, and im not saying that this is definitely the problem, but it appears to happen when im under acceleration and the front of my car is lifting. Try it yourself on a dead flat road in the dark to make it more pronounced. The headlight beam raises somewhat when you arecaccelerating and drops as soon as you take your foot off the gas. It iscquite noticable. I cant comment if this is either lesser or greater depending on whether you haveca diesel or petrol engine.
duncho

Post by duncho »

None of Nissan cars have dynamic headlights leveller system, so it's normal that light beam lifts on harder acceleration. However, I think headlights are set a bit too high on your car.
is
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

I had a problem with my LED headlights when the car was new. They were set a bit too high and I kept getting a combination of on-coming drivers flashing me to dip my lights and others believing I was flashing them. The dealer set them up on their headlight alignment tester and no problems since. Only a two minute job too. The service manager now includes that as part of the pre delivery inspection. Just out of interest, what camera do you have? It seems a nice piece of kit.Jhare2015-02-20 16:37:58
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

Think I've (or to be correct my wife, the tech expert in our family) answered the question as to which camera you have. We think it's a DOD LS430W. Clue in the video.
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

[quote="duncho"] None of Nissan cars have dynamic headlights leveller system, so it's normal that light beam lifts on harder acceleration. However, I think headlights are set a bit too high on your car.
is [/QUOTE]

I think you are probably right. Its on the list of mentions when next at the garage.
Gone but not forgotton- Nissan QQ Tekna 2016 Gun metal +FS Spare - Hood Protector.
phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

[quote="Jhare"] Think I've (or to be correct my wife, the tech expert in our family) answered the question as to which camera you have. We think it's a DOD LS430W. Clue in the video.[/QUOTE]

Yes, sorry would have replied earlier, but been driving a lot recently. Find myself some 500 miles away from where the incident took place. Your other half correctly identified the camera. Bit disappointed with the night vision , as its often difficult to read number plates on the playback. Perhaps that too is to do with the led lights.
duncho

Post by duncho »

100% right. When you sit in the car and turn headlights ON, as soon you turn ignition ON, headlights are self adjusted based on load measured on rear axle (applicable for headlights with xenons (J10) or LEDs (J11) only).

Qash

Post by Qash »

[quote="duncho"]100% right. When you sit in the car and turn headlights ON, as soon you turn ignition ON, headlights are self adjusted based on load measured on rear axle (applicable for headlights with xenons (J10) or LEDs (J11) only). [/QUOTE]
you're probably right but I have never seen the headlights moving at startup so that my other cars with xenon did. Then one saw clearly how they go up and down to find the correct position.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
duncho

Post by duncho »

They don't move at all if there was no load put on rear axle. Ask 2-3 heavier guys to sit in an open trunk and you will see :)
PSHeadlights are moving up/down only, not left & right as you may have seen on VAG vehicles.duncho2015-02-21 19:08:36