Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

Thanks for the reply about the camera. With all the cameras now fitted on our QQ, it would be a nice option to have a built in recording device. Perhaps something for the future. I guess the insurance companies would agree too. Going off topic here, so I'll leave it there. Hope you get the lights sorted as easily as I did.Jhare2015-02-21 20:32:09
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red

QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Btw, watch out when using a dashcam in other countrys.In some countrys it's prohibited and in others there are rules.Look for some additional info here: http://driveeuropenews.com/2014/09/24/zeelandbrug/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashcam
QQ0132015-02-21 20:56:09
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

Mine are awesome, better by far than my partners Xenon hid on her Lexus
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

QQ013 makes a valid point to consider, and I totally agree with Pjonah, the LED headlights are very good, particularly the high beam.
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Today my first experience with the BI led.Very happy. great light. Clear sight and the auto function regarding the main beam works great!A bit strange is the colored top of the beam, like a rainbow. Not sure if other drivers are happy with this.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Its just the brilliant white light being refracted through the headlight glass, thats all.
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="QQ013"]Today my first experience with the BI led.Very happy. great light. Clear sight and the auto function regarding the main beam works great!A bit strange is the colored top of the beam, like a rainbow. Not sure if other drivers are happy with this.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this was mentioned 6+ pages back - some QQ's (Tekna for example) are full LED lighting and not Bi-LED.Bi-LED is only on the models with standard bulbs in the headlights (you can spot them as the headlights are not as crisp white as the DRL's.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="rm0rgan"][quote="QQ013"]Today my first experience with the BI led.Very happy. great light. Clear sight and the auto function regarding the main beam works great!A bit strange is the colored top of the beam, like a rainbow. Not sure if other drivers are happy with this.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this was mentioned 6+ pages back - some QQ's (Tekna for example) are full LED lighting and not Bi-LED.Bi-LED is only on the models with standard bulbs in the headlights (you can spot them as the headlights are not as crisp white as the DRL's.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but this is incorrect. Bi-LED are fitted to Tekna's (and maybe NTEC's? Not sure...) Halogen are fitted to those without Bi-LED, however do have LED daylight running lights, as does the Bi-LED models. Bi-LED, just like Bi Xenon just means that there is 1 bulb for both dipped and high beam rather than 2 separate bulbs. It uses a shutter to block out the light when dipped.
Qash

Post by Qash »

[quote="SplanK"][quote="rm0rgan"][quote="QQ013"]Today my first experience with the BI led.Very happy. great light. Clear sight and the auto function regarding the main beam works great!A bit strange is the colored top of the beam, like a rainbow. Not sure if other drivers are happy with this.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this was mentioned 6+ pages back - some QQ's (Tekna for example) are full LED lighting and not Bi-LED.Bi-LED is only on the models with standard bulbs in the headlights (you can spot them as the headlights are not as crisp white as the DRL's.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but this is incorrect. Bi-LED are fitted to Tekna's (and maybe NTEC's? Not sure...) Halogen are fitted to those without Bi-LED, however do have LED daylight running lights, as does the Bi-LED models. Bi-LED, just like Bi Xenon just means that there is 1 bulb for both dipped and high beam rather than 2 separate bulbs. It uses a shutter to block out the light when dipped. [/QUOTE]
If that is the definition of Bi-light then Tekna is not Bi-Led because there are two LED light sources (one for dipped beam and one for full beam) and not one like on Xenon with shutters

Qash2015-03-08 15:21:06
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Are you sure? I can only see 1 bulb in my clusters?! In addition, everywhere I have read indicates that Bi-*light* is a single bulb per cluster which uses a shutter system rather than 2 separate light sources. Even Hella sell Bi-LED kits with 1 light source (albeit from 6 individual LED's): http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/ ... ed-module/

SplanK2015-03-08 15:31:39