QQ tekna with no panoramic

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

Hello allWhat would you do in this case:I ordered my 1.5 QQ tekna in September and it arrived this week. I went to pick it up, drove it out then realised, there is no panoramic roof! When I ordered the car I sent an email to the dealer and said there were teknas now where the panoramic roof was an option but he assured me mine would be with it, it was part of my order after all. So I drove it back immediately and they said there had been a mistake but now in the 2015 model this was option only but my order did indeed say the pano roof should be included. So they asked me what I expected to happen next, would I accept an offer? After a day they came back to me and said up to me but ordering a new car will take months (then the registration has to be cancelled, company bank loan cancelled and major hassle - well ofc they would say that) but if I was ok to keep my car as is (ie no pano), they would give me a set of winter tyres and winter alloys. Does that sound like a good deal? He said it was worth about 1100£. I said 'is that all??' And he said it was a lot. Now I think this no pano will lower the value of the car when I want to sell it later (in 4 years).. What do you say? Any tips?By the way, had self folding mirrors and the stereo seems better, has bass! Still bit boxy sound but will tweak.

MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

You do have a bit of a choice to make there. Some of us, like yourself ordered our cars just as Nissan were changing the spec and were wondering what we would end up with. I ordered an Accenta Premium on the 26 Aug and it arrived on 8th Oct. I asked my car dealer if it would have the panoramic roof and he assured me it would. Thankfully it did have the full spec as ordered.From my perspective had it arrived without the panoramic roof I would have simply not taken the car. Just today I decided to see what the car was like with the pano roof closed. It was raining, heavily overcast and even in those conditions the entire interior was so gloomy and dark with it shut, especially in the back with those smaller windows. It has never been closed since I got the car and closing it even for a few seconds made me remember why.Sorry for going OT there.I made a fairly long list of questions when deciding to go for a Tekna or an Accenta Premium and decided the Tekna goodies were not worth the extra cash. Horses for courses really but you get the idea. Basically make a list of questions and using honest, logical yes no answers to them will help. Are winter tyres and alloys something you would never use ordinarily?Do you feel the interior is dark and could use some more light?If you accept the dealers offer will you constantly have the little niggle about the missing panoramic roof hounding you until the day you sell the car?Does the lack of the panoramic roof make the car less desirable to you?If the answer is yes to the majority, or all of these then don't make that deal.
MJCQQ2014-11-13 22:23:28
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

I ordered my Tekna 5th March and it is due to arrive at the dealers 4th December. I have told Nissan that if it comes without the pano roof I am going to get a tin opener and create one! Seriously, I will have waited over 9 months and if it comes without one I will refuse the car as it is not what I ordered or have waited for. I will also write to all the local and National newspapers. Why would your new car take months if that one didn't? I have no idea if the deal they are offering you is good I guess it depends where you live and how often you would need winter tyres?
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

There are a number of Tekna's on sale at dealers for immediate delivery without Panoramic roofs, perhaps they are being rejected by the original owners as they were expecting this as part of the deal. Would there be any guarantee you would get one in the future if you returned the car, maybe not. I would be very careful, the dealer may say you would get one but Nissan may be reluctant to turn out a Tekna in future months that would in effect be a special build
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Beefy

Post by Beefy »

Hi bovinemoney.
This is a difficult one, that only you can answer.
You're going to look up every time you drive your QQ and feel gutted and let down.
Only you know if a set of winter wheels/tyres will soften the blow. If they are something that you may have considered buying then I would say it is a good deal. If not, then a bit pointless and a price reduction would be a better option worth trying to negotiate.
If you think it will always niggle you, and spoil the experience of owning the QQ then fire it back and wait for a new replacement that meets your original spec.
Hope you get a satisfactory outcome.
I bet there will be a few others put in this predicament over the next few months.
2011 1.6 Petrol Tekna
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

If the dealer ordered a new Tekna with the optional panoramic roof option then it would be what arrived on delivery day.Interesting observation on the number Teknas without the panoramic roofs there.
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Yes, have you perhaps been offered a different car, maybe not the one you ordered? Maybe someone came in after you willing to pay for the pano roof if they got a quick delivery so they will get the car you ordered? If your paperwork says it would have the pano roof call Nissan customer SVC or email them at their socialmedia address and ask them why it arrived without it?
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

If you can live without it, take the offer and enjoy the car else return it.

Personally, I don't think it will make any difference to resale values in the future - especially if trading it in.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

May I just ask how the hell didnt you notice it?Other than colour that has to be surely one of the first things you can visualy spot lolI wouldnt care one way or another to be honest as I found the roof was never opened ever but I do understand if thats what you want then you should have it but if that was the case you would of noticed itNo idea how they can price a pre reg car in demand at 11K id offer if thats the case to return it and immediately buy it for 13K giving them a 2K profit lol
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Not sure what you read there Donkey. They offered a set of winter wheels and tyres valued at £1100.

And as for not noticing it, give the poor guy some slack - with the roof closed you'd not notice it easily and when everything is all new and shiny it's easy to get distracted.