QQ tekna with no panoramic

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="Donkey"]The roofs are fun for 5 secondImpressed the Grand kids as it opened and I drove off but in summer they all wanted it closed and I dont remember ever opening it afterwardsRoof rails however are a big plus point, I had the AP and no roof rails and the car dont look finished without them[/QUOTE]I was the complete opposite, I think the roof rails make the car look wrong. Looks like an upside down toboggan with those big skis on there. IMHO the car looks much sleeker and cleaner without them.Shows how taste works.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

When panaromic roofs were the normal it was a feature but now so many cars have themId pay for the old fashioned sunroof like in the 80s Fords, metal ones that actualy opened and let fresh air inId rather have the opening metal roofs than the glass panel, we were talking in work other day at why they were discontinued, cant remember last car you could wind the panel back in roof Again proof not everything modern is better
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="MJCQQ"][quote="Donkey"]The roofs are fun for 5 secondImpressed the Grand kids as it opened and I drove off but in summer they all wanted it closed and I dont remember ever opening it afterwardsRoof rails however are a big plus point, I had the AP and no roof rails and the car dont look finished without them[/QUOTE]I was the complete opposite, I think the roof rails make the car look wrong. Looks like an upside down toboggan with those big skis on there. IMHO the car looks much sleeker and cleaner without them.Shows how taste works. [/QUOTE]
The roof rails, which I have on a Honda CRV, remind me of the chrome strips on the front and back wings of the original square Vauhall Viva, there to hide the cheap external spot-welded seams that held it all together. Not something I'd pay extra for unless I actually wanted to mount racks on top. Which I don't.But each to their own and if I decided, for other reasons, to buy a Tekna and both features were part of the increased standard spec, I would't not buy the car because these were on it. Obviously. Especially obviously since I have them on the Honda.By the way, I collected my new Qashqai this afternoon and I'm very impressed so far. It has already registered 55mpg over 70 miles, something that was impossible with the Juke until it had travelled over 20,000 miles and not typical even at 30,000 miles. The increased refinement of the engine and suspension is quite startling. I'll post a new topic once I have a few weeks of experience with it.
Quacker2014-11-14 22:37:11
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Mine has been open since it was delivered, like it that way much lighter.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I seem to recall the OP's question was not "do you like your panoramic roof or not" but "I ordered my car with a panoramic roof and it hasn't got one, what should I do?"

Mind you I haven't got one either.supergrover2014-11-15 00:34:28
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

Thanks everyone for the replies, really been fantastic to read, very much appreciate every post. You all made me think.There is nothing for me to report back with though, they made me an offer, I refused and requested some things more and silence... We will see next week.I will let you know.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Your in a very strong postiion Bovinemoney, its not often we find ourselfs in one.I think the offer isnt bad if your into collecting wheels and tyres but consider what your custom is worth to them along with what your ex demo car is also worth (especialy if you bang some miles on it)Anyway for benefit of the forum what do you think of the beast? as you know were all gaga over the car in one way or the other and love to read other peoples views
Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

"I ordered my car with a panoramic roof and it hasn't got one, what should I do?"I would tell the dealer to give me what I ordered or give me a full refund including the vehicle (or value of) if used in part exchange.I would then buy an alternative vehicle and tell Nissan to take a running jump.Donkey: I am extremely happy with my QQ. The only negative is the ancient Sat Nav map :-)
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.
MadCar

Post by MadCar »

I'm on another car forum and have seen two similar issues but with Audi. One it didn't come with the correct ISOfix installed in the car, it was rejected and they allowed him to keep the car until the next one came. Then the replacement didn't come with something he had spec'ed and guess what when he went to pick it up they said, sorry we messed up again continue to keep the car we have ordered it again. He ended up putting miles on another car for 9months before he got car he originally wanted. Another the car was delivered without ... Quattro. That right they drove out of the dealer and then noticed that at the first greasy roundabout he couldn't get much traction. Stopped down the road got out and noticed and when he looked underneath there was no shaft going to the rear wheels. Car rejected and again he was allowed to keep the car whilst he waited for the correct one to arrive. Me I had a Lexus ordered a good few years ago that wait for it got blown up before I could pick it up; it turned out that an industrial firework had been thrown into the compound and written off three cars one was mine. However in that happening they told me me they had ordered another and in clarifying the spec it had black and not the cream leather I'd ordered!Reject the car and get them to order the right one again, plain and simple. You had a contract stating what you wanted, you clarified it again in writing and they again re-clarified what you were getting. If you want a Pano roof then reject it, but keep driving it and let them order the correct one.
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

[quote="Donkey"]Your in a very strong postiion Bovinemoney, its not often we find ourselfs in one.I think the offer isnt bad if your into collecting wheels and tyres but consider what your custom is worth to them along with what your ex demo car is also worth (especialy if you bang some miles on it)Anyway for benefit of the forum what do you think of the beast? as you know were all gaga over the car in one way or the other and love to read other peoples views[/QUOTE]Ok Donkey, I have done 650KM in the last 24 hours, I have been very much testing it out (benelux and Germany) and I love it, it's a great car, absolute pleasure to drive. My 4 previous cars were Petrol BMWs (coupA©s, meaty engine on some of them) but I decided I wanted a change and something with lower co2 and my first diesel. This car is fantastic, I love the drive and the gadgets, it's a really good package. My gf is sick of me talking about it as I drive but she loves it too! I just find the layout and the nice door clunk when you close it very satisfying and natural. I loved the test drive but this is much better than I thought it was going to be.The stereo unfortunately is very poor though, my first impressions were wrong, it's not better, it's not revised. I'm a total audiophile though, so perhaps others wouldn't mind it so much. But it's rubbish. I keep hoping the speakers just need to break in and then they will sound worthy. Hehe.. not happening. It lets the car down. I would happily have paid more for the sound to improve. Oh and other negative point is my iphone 5s is not recognised via usb but my gf's 5 is (both same OS). I haven't signed up for Nissan connect yet as it won't let me login in English and I am worried I will have to use apps in other language and I want it all in English so I sent an email to the support team.I'm getting 5.6l/100km average since I started driving it, that's 50 miles/gallon but I have done mostly motorway with about an hour of town in Germany.Now there is something I have left out since I made this thread. Obviously at this point you realise I am probably not based in UK, this is true. But given the topic of this thread I now have to add something very important. The panoramic roof as an extra, is currently a UK option. In my country, it's not listed as an option, it's included. And that is correct right now. If I go to car configurator in Benelux and *design* my QQ, it's coming with panoramic, according to the Nissan site. This is true on 15th of November, 2014. So this adds another level of BS to this whole affair. The other weird thing yesterday was that it was raining very hard and I couldn't see out of the bottom half of the left windscreen! This is where you sit on the continent. The windscreen wipers were evidently set for a uk car, despite it being a left hand drive! So I switched them around today (reluctantly but I had to go for long drive) and it was a bit better but one of the windscreen wipers seemed too short, the passenger could barely see out of the top half on right hand side.