QQ tekna with no panoramic

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

In the UK it is a standard feature fitted to N-Tec+ and Tekna. The dealer might well have to tick a box when ordering for all I know, but it is certainly 'standard' spec for those two models. In fact the only difference between N-Tec and N-Tec+ is the roof, with the + model having the pano and roof rails.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Quacker, I think you'll find that it is now an 'option', not standard.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Everything is optional apart from the bodyshell when it comes to speccing cars. There are a few domestic set specs upon which the dealer can tick boxes to either delete or add features from the build sheet.I only ordered my Qashqai on the 5th Oct and the standard builds were as I mentioned above only five weeks ago, so they must have changed, if they indeed have changed, since then. If the pano and roof rails are now optional on Tekna, there must surely be a Tekna+ with them on, as that is how it works with N-Tec and N-Tec+, which have only just started to reach dealers. The only difference between those two distinct models is the actual roof.The Nissan web site has the wrong spec for N-Tec, by the way. It does have surround cameras and lane departure warning as standard. On their web site, if you can find the new N-Tec at all [they are there somewhere"]] these are not featured. That is an omission on their part, just as I believe you may find that the pano as an option on Tekna is an omission or mistake. Unless they have changed the standard Tekna spec in the last month of course. It is listed on their web site as a £400 extra, but I would consult a dealer about that before taking the appalling mistake-ridden web site at face value as several salesmen told me that it was standard fit.EditI see that they have altered the web details on the N-Tec in the last few days, making it far easier to find and now including details of 'safety shield' and all-round monitor. So they are working on it.

Quacker2014-11-16 00:21:40
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

What is on the car configorator or even the brochure as anyone with the first builds will tell you may not be what you getSadly misleading to say least claims like premium surround sound, auto locking doors (they do auto lock when you push a button) and many more items advertised even safety ones like those who remember the advanced headrestraints no one got and was deleted Nissan have basicly told people they reserve right to make changes (dont laugh its serious) but when they run out of parts thats what they do lolEarly forum in first month or so was full of items advertised and not on car like door sill protectors apps on multimedia centre, even the front windscreen glass that was super quick to clear without need for aircon I think only a couple of people got thatSo your in a strong position id abuse it mate give them a taste of it back
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

Nissan can and do change the spec. The problems arise when someone orders a spec that changes before delivery. Normally Nissan and the dealer will and should honour the spec ordered as far as optional extras go.
So if you walk in off the street with a brochure of the older Tekna with a Pano roof and the old price the dealer can and will set you straight on the current spec and prices. If on the other hand you order a spec prior to any changes by Nssan you are entitled by law to get the minimum spec you ordered.This will explain why there are so many non-pano Teknas available for immediate sale.MJCQQ2014-11-17 09:05:48
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

I'm now being completely ignored by Nissan, no reply to my mails. Is there someone I can contact before legal action? I am in Benelux region. I mean someone from Nissan Europe, someone above my dealer.I will give them until the end of the day but after that I will have to start escalating this.By the way they made me sign for the car before showing it to me saying this was the way it was done.
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="MadCar"] I'm on another car forum and have seen two similar issues but with Audi.A 
One it didn't come with the correct ISOfix installed in the car, it was rejected and they allowed him to keep the car until the next one came. Then the replacement didn't come with something he had spec'ed and guess what when he went to pick it up they said, sorry we messed up again continue to keep the car we have ordered it again. He ended up putting miles on another car for 9months before he got car he originally wanted. A 
Another the car was delivered without ... Quattro. That right they drove out of the dealer and then noticed that at the first greasy roundabout he couldn't get much traction. Stopped down the road got out and noticed and when he looked underneath there was no shaft going to the rear wheels. Car rejected and again he was allowed to keep the car whilst he waited for the correct one to arrive.A 
Me I had a Lexus ordered a good few years ago that wait for it got blown up before I could pick it up; it turned out that an industrial firework had been thrown into the compound and written off three cars one was mine. However in that happening they told me me they had ordered another and in clarifying the spec it had black and not the cream leather I'd ordered!
Reject the car and get them to order the right one again, plain and simple. You had a contract stating what you wanted, you clarified it again in writing and they again re-clarified what you were getting. If you want a Pano roof then reject it, but keep driving it and let them order the correct one.A [/QUOTE]

I know the ISOFIX story......

OP re Pano roof (we have in both QQs) and everyone loves it and it doesn't ever close unless warm and sunny (as someone mentioned previously)

Not sure if you've heard back as yet but winter wheels on alloys are a decent alternative but only if you can live without the pano roof. To be honest I didn't realise the roof was an option now.

Good luck in getting it sorted and go with your heart...that way no regrets going forward.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Bovine, sorry to hear you are disappointed BUT you need to stand back here.First let me state I am not a legal eagle and therefore you may need to get some advice. However, before you go charging off and taking different peoples advice about what to say and do to the dealer check your paperwork.Does it specifically state that you have ordered a QQ specifically fitted with a panoramic roof, or does it simply say that you have ordered a QQ - Model specific, colour specific, year specific, and everything else like chassis and engine number blank?IF this is the case you do not have a leg to stand on because somewhere in your blurb, in the advertising literature, on the websites, all over the place it states 'Specification may change without notice' or something similar. This is Nissan's get out clause and they can do anything they like to the car unless it is specific. i.e you ordered a white one and it is delivered red. That colour WILL be on the order form and therefore you can refuse it. If it was meant to be a 4X4 and it is not, that is specific. If the dealer is offering you a sweetener and it is what you want then I think you need to analyse your legal position and how far you can push them before they remove any offer. Before I wrote this I checked my paperwork and no where does it mention a panoramic roof. Just states a QQ 1.6 DCI CVT Platinum Premium. I don't have a heated windscreen because for here the spec is different and Nissan use that get out clause.Good luck

Dionysus2014-11-21 13:02:20
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

Dionysus, you are right, there is no mention of it, I just checked the Order doc. Just lists car and total of accessories. All I have is an email from the branch and the seller stating the car will come with the panoramic roof. Latest situation is they have offered me the winter tyres and alloys and 4 years/80000km maintenance contract thrown in but I don't know what that is exactly so have asked for further information.Thanks Dionysus and everyone else for the feedback.
Eziv2730

Post by Eziv2730 »

[quote="bovinemoney"] All I have is an email from the branch and the seller stating the car will come with the panoramic roof. [/QUOTE]
To me this would be more than enough. But even if you didn't have that email, I think that others here are right who said that if you placed an order when the brochure and/or pricelist said there would be panoramic roof included, then it should be there when you receive the car. Nissan can change the specs and has done so many times over here but you cannot do that to standing orders. Otherwise they may as well rebrand Accenta as Tekna and sell you the basic model for the full price.
White J11 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT