1.6 dCi Tekna manual Bronze review

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

I finally found some time for posting some review and a few pics of mine long awaited Qashqai. It's been a while since I ordered and like many others I had few time dates pushed, but in the end it was worth of waiting. On the other hand I had plenty of time to think about extras and had ordered most of the stuff cheaper from internet.The car itself is awesome, very comfortable and pleasure to drive. So far I made around 1200km with 5.5l/km average consumption. Will post more detailed review later on once I will have more km driven.The car came with panoramatic roof by default as at the time I ordered and payed deposit it was not extra cost for Tekna specs, so no nasty surprises here. It also came with automatic folding mirrors, lumbar support for both front seats and button for switching off line detection, which was the very first thing I switched off, lol.Also I think that Nissan made modification to front side in lower part so that radiator is not that much exposed anymore. For more info see this topic page 5.http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... .htmlModel that is sold here comes with spare wheel and jack by default, so I did not have to worry about solving the repair kit replacement. On the other hand, no alarm present for models sold in my country as well as no locking wheel nuts, so I purchased them extra for 30. :)As for the wheels, there were Dunlop Sportmaxx RT tires fitted on Tekna 19' Alloy wheels as I believe they are speced for higher weight limits then the Conti ones which are standard on Petrol models, which are lighter then diesel ones. I haven't had time to test them much as next day I was putting on the winter 17" set. For winter period I have purchased new set of genuine Nissan 17" alloy wheels from ebay for aprox 520euro. For tires I was thinking about Bridgestone Blizzak LM80 Evo but in the end picked up Nokian WR SUV 3 tires as those were the winners for this category with better results and they were also a bit cheaper. I think that both of them are a good pick. I have also had dealer to supply another set of TPMS sensors for my winter set, which was 170euro. For the extras that I have decided to put on I had dealer to install the illuminated side bars, for which I was able to get a good price as I bought car there. Although they are overpriced, I always wanted to have this feature, which is more like a wow effect then a useful feature, but so be it. :)Rest of the stuff I installed by my own, which includes chrome stuff:Lower trunk finisher,Rear glass finisher,Front lip finisher,Door sill strips,Wing mirror coversI have also installed dash camera, according to Jonceebee guide for which I would like to say big thank you. It was very informative and helped. It was easy job with those fuse piggybacks and cigarette lighter sockets.For the pics itself, car has not been washed or waxed yet as it's been raining for past two weeks lol.Changing the wheels for winter set:Chrome stuff installed :)More chrome :)
th0mps0n2014-12-06 18:27:57
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)

duncho

Post by duncho »

Nice one! How much cost you those illuminated side bars? What alarm and dash cam did you go for?Thanks
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

th0mpson, at long last the QQ, photos and a write up. The QQ is looking nice with the extras you have added. There is an amazing difference in the Bronze Color on the pics up on the Ramp (Shiny / Metallic Looking) as against the outside pics (which looks Matt) and it does not do the Color justice - Again a Good Job Well Done - Dave ?Y‘?
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Nice looking motor. You may get so used to causing no damage when wheel makes contact with kerb as tyre sticks out on 17 inch as you know so remember that when the 19s are back on.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I'm curious, are the chrome side strips official Nissan ones, or aftermarket, because they look very similar to ones I bought from eBay that were much less expensive than anything made by Nissan?
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

[quote="supergrover"]I'm curious, are the chrome side strips official Nissan ones, or aftermarket, because they look very similar to ones I bought from eBay that were much less expensive than anything made by Nissan?[/QUOTE]
They are aftermarket and yes they are the same that you have purchased. I bought them together with mirror caps which are also aftermarket for 90euro all-together.I did not follow the markings for Left and Right side, because if I was, it would not fit and it would look odd.The one that is on the rear doors had the marking for Right side and the self adhesive strip was with red color to match the front one the right side.
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

[quote="TC3"]Nice looking motor. You may get so used to causing no damage when wheel makes contact with kerb as tyre sticks out on 17 inch as you know so remember that when the 19s are back on.[/QUOTE]
I have ordered a set of alloygators from UK to install them on 19" rims because I know that my wife will be driving this car from time to time :)

th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]th0mpson, at long last the QQ, photos and a write up. The QQ is looking nice with the extras you have added. There is an amazing difference in the Bronze Color on the pics up on the Ramp (Shiny / Metallic Looking) as against the outside pics (which looks Matt) and it does not do the Color justice - Again a Good Job Well Done - Dave ?Y‘?[/QUOTE]
Thank you.Can't wait to see some good whether with lots of sunlight to see how it would stand on sunlight after proper wash and wax.

th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

[quote="duncho"]Nice one! How much cost you those illuminated side bars? What alarm and dash cam did you go for?Thanks[/QUOTE]
For sidebars I was given price of 600e including VAT + installation of 35e. I could not find cheaper on internet for the genuine ones.For the dashcam I wanted something small, less visible. Since I do not need display, mobius dash cam was the ideal pick. It's kinda like open community project, with frequent fw updates and userfriendly maintenance.Check this out.http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/7/8/t ... o-c.htmlAs for alarm, I decided not to install any as I find it more irritating than useful. I had alarm on my second previous car and all the time when I was hearing siren from outside during the night, I used to wake up and check whether it's not my car, lol. With my last car I did not have to bother as no alarm there. And that will be same for the Qashqai.I am paying for Kasko insurance with extra GAP addon with 5years plan already, so if it's stolen, I don't mind as they will cover 100% of the car price like it was new.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Don't insurer's insist on some sort of alarm? Is that common on new cars in your country?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D