what do you dislike about your QashQai

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
wooders

Post by wooders »

First things first - I think its only fair that we allow a thread on this subject as we have one for what we like . Secondly its not to slate the car to pieces but to share our dislikes in a civilised manor . mine are : 1- the panoramic roof . I thought it would be great when I first got the car but must admit it did not live to expectations . To hot in the summer and makes it to cold in the winter .Shut it in the summer defeats the object of having it and when I shut it in the winter I get lots of condensation on the glass roof .2 - rattles . sooo many rattles .3 - 1st gear is fairly pointless , have to change up so quick .I also find the gearbox quite notchy and not as smooth as other cars ive owned .4 - cameras . I think the image quality is quite poor for todays technology and almost useless at night .5 - radio . the sound is poor for the price of the car .6 - blind spot warning . Virtually stays on most of the time in the rain .7 - spare wheel . lack of but surely should of been an option at time of order .8 - no auto door locking .again should of been an option .9 - interior . the interior does look nice but I find it marks very easy especially in the foot well areas .10 - auto wipers. they shouldn't clean the windscreen straight away in the winter in case the blades are froze to the glass ,other cars i've owned wont clear unless the car starts to move so its your own fault if you hav'nt checked them first. Please remember this is my own list of things I don't like so don't jump on me if you don't agree .we are all entitled to our opinions .
-2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna   -   

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Did you not have a test drive and look at what the car offered? Perhaps you should have bought a different car
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Please remember this is my own list of things I don't like so don't jump on me if you don't agree .we are all entitled to our opinions .In which case keep them to yourself?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

off course you should not keep them to your self. I wish the car had better lights and a warning when the washer bottle was low on water I would also like to have no worries bout my cvt gearbox packing in steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I am locking this thread because I know in about 10 posts time, it will get out of hand no matter how much pleading you do, they always do. I will leave the post however to air your dislikes however rather than tucking it away as yes they are a good research tool for somebody else, but at the same time, I am fed up of seeing threads on here that just end up bitch fests! However, some of your comments could have been located with jolly good test drive and a good poke around. Request the hand book have a flick through it in the show room, or find it on a site like this. You are buying a >£17k car, do your research! I must have spent at least a 100hours doing digging, reading and poking around before I bought my car! Some of the comments you have made "oh other cars do x y and z".... yes other cars may do it like that, but you have bought a Nissan. Nissan may do things differently compared to VW, Vauxhall, Volvo.... You need to adjust your attitude to your new car rather than just moan about it. Quality of items. Some people moan about things that they don't always see, and I will use the example of the bonnet prop. I would prefer them to fit a £1 that does the job well enough, than have fancy props that I will hardly use or see regularly, or just another expensive thing to fail. I think Nissan have done well here to make the car feel more expensive than it is. Ok, there are some areas which they could have improved on, and you picked up on the 360* camera could have better night vision, then people want power assist boot closure. I agree but again you start doing that here there and everywhere it starts to increase the cost of the car massively and it start becoming an all together different car. Some of these things are actually in the new X-Trail, but look at the price jump between the 2 cars. Also, you cant please everybody, and if Nissan went through a list of "wants" then the car would be filled to the rafters with buttons that do x y and z and cost 5x more. Only you can make the decision if the car purchase is for you or not. Have fun learning about your new car rather than moaning about it. If you really don't like something, see what options there are to change it. IE some people really don't like the standard OE horn, so they went out of their way to replace it for something they do like!
fridgability

Post by fridgability »

Hi

I have not long purchased a QQ 1.5 DCI N-TEC+ and am still getting used to it and all the gadgets. I like the car and did have a couple of test drives and therefore I was pritty well aware of what I was getting.

I havn't had Sat Nav before (old school me, love maps). However used it in London last week on a visit to take no 1 grandson to see the Christmas lights. I'm sold.

Although the car is loaded with hi-tec toys, I think Nissan have been a bit mean in other directions. I also own a new Dacia Duster, also produced by the Renault-Nissan alliance. It has the same 1.5DCI engine, and although that is a bargin basement car and does not have all the goodies that the QQ has, it does indeed have a full size spare wheel, door entry scuff protectors and a gas strut for the bonnet.

I'll buy a space saver (there is not room for a full size) because I'm driving through Europe latter in the year and I'll also get some scuff plates to protect the paint. What bugs me more than anything though is the trend away from spare wheels by most manufactures. Yes I know that they are heavy and therefore affect economy, expensive and take up space etc. But come on, who wants to be stranded miles from home with a puncture.

Anyway as I said, I like the car and hope I don't have the problems that others seem to be experiencing.

Just a passing thought, I wonder how many Mercedes A Seris owners realise that their up market Diesel shares the same engine as the lowley Dacia Duster.

Happy motoring