Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Dig-T Mini Review

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

i did.. and made the other choice ;)But i can imagine a happy wife is a investment that pays for itself .The tax rules in the UK .. Looking at these figures is do not see the difference.. but maybe i am using the wrong info?http://carfueldata.dft.gov.uk/new-vehic ... ?t=23ude39
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna

Acenta

Post by Acenta »

[quote="QQ013"]]Look at the prices of the BMW options .. The glass roof is about twice the price.. looking at the BMW safety options the prices go through the roof.[/QUOTE]]Might be but there is no way on this planet I want extras like a glass roof. That is why I listed the only options I would specify on the BMW and also said that the Acenta spec Qashqai has all the spec we want (and need). If you want a top specced car with all the options the BMW might not make sense.[quote="QQ013"]]BTW: The BMW 118 has 30BHP less compared with the 1.6Dig-T[/QUOTE]]27 bhp to be exact. But in the real world max power is far less important than the spread of power. How long do you spend with the engine at max revs every day? The max torque of the BMW is 162 lbs/ft at 1250 rpm yet the Qashqai has 177 lbs/ft (I admit its more) but it does not start until 2000 rpm. Because of this I expect the BMW to feel far closer to the Nissan than the max BHP figure would suggest. At test drive will prove me right or wrong.[quote="QQ013"]]The tax rules in the UK .. Looking at these figures is do not see the difference.. but maybe i am using the wrong info[/QUOTE]]
The annual VED (vehicle excise duty) in the UK is based on the CO output. The BMW is 115 g/km and is £30 year. The Qashqai is 138 g/km which is £130 a year. Over my average 5 years of ownership that is £500 extra. Even the 1.2 DIG-T is £105 a year.