Acenta Prem - rattles rattles rattles!

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

I bought an Acenta Premium in November. Driven it for only 1460km Now up for sale! My worst experience and buy so far! (6th car till now in 20 years)Can't stand it anymore!!Rattles and sounds everywhere! Each day a new one!Can't locate them all! Hate DIY and constant visits to the dealer!Very poor quality!!!My humble Yaris diesel driven by my wife sounds and drives better!
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017

MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="iceman GR"]I bought an Acenta Premium in November. Driven it for only 1460km Now up for sale! My worst experience and buy so far! (6th car till now in 20 years)Can't stand it anymore!!Rattles and sounds everywhere! Each day a new one!Can't locate them all! Hate DIY and constant visits to the dealer!Very poor quality!!!My humble Yaris diesel driven by my wife sounds and drives better![/QUOTE]I can totally understand why you feel the quality is poor. I in no way condone or excuse the fact that a three or four month old car develops so many rattles due to poor quality control. The times I was driving with a constant rattle that made me wish I had bought the CX-5 or a CRV instead. I paid over £23000 in Oct and two weeks ago was quoted a price of £19000 for a trade. I had lined up a 13 month old CR-V 2.2 SE for the same price. I asked myself "don't be rash, what if the CR-V has rattles". Instead I decided to make an attempt at a DIY repair of the "un-sourceable" rattle and got it sorted in one afternoon. I was really that close to taking well over £4000 hit, £1000+ per month of ownership and simply trading in.I know this sounds melodramatic but a constant rattle the dealer said couldn't be sourced/fixed was simply not good enough. My confidence in my dealership is rock bottom and I bought a service plan with them when I bought the car. The thing is it is such a good looking car and very refined (when it isn't rattling) that I enjoy driving it. If only Nissan had better quality control and better customer support. I'm loving it again since it is relatively rattle free but am dreading if something goes wrong and I have to bring it back to the clowns at the dealers.

MJCQQ2015-02-20 23:10:40
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

I totally agree with you. The car looked so nice and drives nicely when not rattling but I cannot stand for all these poor quality control issues in a brand new car. My older cars had some after years of use and most of them were due to the poor quality Greek roads.
Moreover the main dealer of Nissan for the last 40 years in Greece looks and feels like a public owned company (Greek public sector suck) so no confidence that problems will be sorted out professionally. I even bought the 3 year warranty extension and I am twice disappointed. Nothing close to Toyota quality and after sales service since Toyota Hellas is a direct affiliate of Toyota Europe. Having toyotas so far the Nissan brand now looks and feels very disappointing let alone that if a car rattles so much after 4 months I fear that more serious problems will arise after more use.... As a result the whole pack makes me fear each time I drive the car thinking in fear what will happen next!!

Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

The Qashqai is my fifth new Nissan since 1995 and they have all been very well built, especially the Juke and Qashqai. The only 'problem' I had with the Juke was a knocking in the back which I isolated to the rear seat anchor and solved myself. No other issue in 3 years. So far I have no single issue, rattle, noise, blemish or anything else wrong with the Qashqai.Imho the issue with Nissan is, in common with so many brands, the quality of dealer staff, but most significantly of all, the aftersales service from Nissan UK itself. I've not personally had dealings with them, although I did with some UK Midlands manufacturers over the years, but it sounds very much as if Nissan has inherited the very British disease of bloody minded arrogant staff that couldn't give a damn about resolving issues quickly with the minimum of drama to the satisfaction of that most important of creatures, their actual customer. They are not the only car company suffering from this malady. Perhaps it is typical of car companies? The more I think of my experiences over the years, the more I think that maybe, yes, it is a car industry attitude rather than a UK car manufacturing characteristic. They all need to pull their fingers out and giving real customer service.
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="Quacker"]The Qashqai is my fifth new Nissan since 1995 and they have all been very well built, especially the Juke and Qashqai. The only 'problem' I had with the Juke was a knocking in the back which I isolated to the rear seat anchor and solved myself. No other issue in 3 years. So far I have no single issue, rattle, noise, blemish or anything else wrong with the Qashqai.Imho the issue with Nissan is, in common with so many brands, the quality of dealer staff, but most significantly of all, the aftersales service from Nissan UK itself. I've not personally had dealings with them, although I did with some UK Midlands manufacturers over the years, but it sounds very much as if Nissan has inherited the very British disease of bloody minded arrogant staff that couldn't give a damn about resolving issues quickly with the minimum of drama to the satisfaction of that most important of creatures, their actual customer. They are not the only car company suffering from this malady. Perhaps it is typical of car companies? The more I think of my experiences over the years, the more I think that maybe, yes, it is a car industry attitude rather than a UK car manufacturing characteristic. They all need to pull their fingers out and giving real customer service.[/QUOTE]My wife has a Mini Countryman and Bavarian have bent over backwards to make sure she gets great service. They even give her car a free valet once a quarter and her service plan is useable in ANY mini dealership that suits her. My VW and Audi dealer experience was never something to write home about, or so I thought until I got a Nissan. At no point did VW or Audi leave me with the impression that I was a time waster and a moron for questioning how a bad, almost constant rattle could not be sourced by a trained mechanic.So in response to your question "if it is typical of car companies", no it isn't. The experience I got from the Nissan CS is poor compared to what I got from my VW/Audi CS. It is downright atrocious compared to what my Wife gets from Bavarian Mini.

MJCQQ2015-02-21 15:55:44
Deleted User 1571

[quote="MJCQQ"][quote="Quacker"]The Qashqai is my fifth new Nissan since 1995 and they have all been very well built, especially the Juke and Qashqai. The only 'problem' I had with the Juke was a knocking in the back which I isolated to the rear seat anchor and solved myself. No other issue in 3 years. So far I have no single issue, rattle, noise, blemish or anything else wrong with the Qashqai.Imho the issue with Nissan is, in common with so many brands, the quality of dealer staff, but most significantly of all, the aftersales service from Nissan UK itself. I've not personally had dealings with them, although I did with some UK Midlands manufacturers over the years, but it sounds very much as if Nissan has inherited the very British disease of bloody minded arrogant staff that couldn't give a damn about resolving issues quickly with the minimum of drama to the satisfaction of that most important of creatures, their actual customer. They are not the only car company suffering from this malady. Perhaps it is typical of car companies? The more I think of my experiences over the years, the more I think that maybe, yes, it is a car industry attitude rather than a UK car manufacturing characteristic. They all need to pull their fingers out and giving real customer service.[/QUOTE]My wife has a Mini Countryman and Bavarian have bent over backwards to make sure she gets great service. They even give her car a free valet once a quarter and her service plan is useable in ANY mini dealership that suits her. My VW and Audi dealer experience was never something to write home about, or so I thought until I got a Nissan. At no point did VW or Audi leave me with the impression that I was a time waster and a moron for questioning how a bad, almost constant rattle could not be sourced by a trained mechanic.So in response to your question "if it is typical of car companies", no it isn't. The experience I got from the Nissan CS is poor compared to what I got from my VW/Audi CS. It is downright atrocious compared to what my Wife gets from Bavarian Mini.

[/QUOTE]
Up until 18 months ago I had owned an Audi Q7 for six years. My experience of their dealerships is near the worse ever. Three months after I had bought it, they wrote and said that my three year old Range Rover was not as described and that they required £1200 extra from me for four new tyres. Yes really!Never crossed their door again, obviously, but gave them a piece of my mind in no uncertain terms.Then used another Audi main dealer for servicing who constantly tried to uplift invoiced by replacing stuff like brake pads that were less than half worn. Their piece de resistance was when I went for the last service they did, at about 36,000 miles and I asked them to sort a fuse for the electric seat that blew every few days. Their top skilled qualified technician apparently looked at it and concluded that two seat motors had burnt out and, since individual parts were not available, that it would need a new seat. They would do me a special deal where the seat was discounted to a round £1000 + VAT + installing, so just under £1500 in all. They must have thought that I came down with the last shower.I took it to my usual local mechanic and he sorted it with a few hours labour, three hours iirc, and a bit of free insulating tape. So my experience with so-called premium brands is probably worse than with mass-market brands on average. Having said that, apart from a couple of services on my previous Juke and Fiat Panda [same dealer"] that I sold a couple of weeks ago, I have not tested this dealer at all with anything remotely challenging.
Quacker2015-02-21 19:19:36
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

Regardless of your (or my) experience with various dealerships. None of that alters the fact that a few week old car should not develop rattles as par for the course. The fact that a large number on this forum who have a 1.5 DCi suffer the airbox rattle until fixed, is indicative of poor build quality.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="MJCQQ"] Regardless of your (or my) experience with various dealerships.A  None of that alters the fact that a few week old car should not develop rattles as par for the course.A  The fact that a large number on this forum who have a 1.5 DCi suffer the airbox rattle until fixed, is indicative of poor build quality.
[/QUOTE]
You are absolutely right but sadly no manufacturer in my experience has achieved this. Possibly Rolls Royce, Bentley or even Porsche may do but sadly I have never been fortunate enough to find out.
In the past ten years I have had new cars from Skoda, Audi, Mini and Nissan. Every single one had at least one rattle or more within the first three months of ownership. Mini was the worst of the lot.
You pay your money and take your chance. Cars are a lottery whoever makes them.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 1571

[quote="MJCQQ"]Regardless of your (or my) experience with various dealerships. None of that alters the fact that a few week old car should not develop rattles as par for the course. The fact that a large number on this forum who have a 1.5 DCi suffer the airbox rattle until fixed, is indicative of poor build quality.[/QUOTE]
For the most part I agree, but the air cleaner trunking rattle is more a poor design issue that can be easily sorted by either the owner or, if they have a convenient dealer, the dealer. I would say that if they all did it, that the build quality was consistently excellent. But since mine is completely rattle free, I can't even say that much. I think it is fair to say that early versions of any new model will have some small issues. Later ones will be modified on the line in light of experiences fed back from the dealer network. Dealers should certainly have their own quality assurance and system that ensures that the vast majority of issues should be rectified first time during the first visit. Apart from ensuring customer satisfaction, it is more efficient, productive and profitable for the dealership.
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Unfortunately it is not only the air box rattle but tens of other small rattles and sounds from the side doors, the console etc that are non excusable for a brand new car. Even the key ring rattles !
I had a ride yesterday with a brand new Octavia and it sounded great. No rattles, nothing at all. How stupid of me not checking out that one too.
As far as the network is concerned the are probably willing to check any sound coming from the engine following technical instructions or experience from other French cars but when it comes to sounds from the inside they don't care at all.