Acenta Prem - rattles rattles rattles!

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="duncho"]Some cars rattle the others don't. Those rattling are therefore discussed about here and therefore we try to help those owners to fix it. We shouldn't keep saying mine doesn't and yours also can't rattle.Dealers are not always patient to find it out and if you are still bringing in with the same rattle they could not fix, they get annoyed by your complaints and then they usually do more harm then fix. That's my personal experience, therefore I feel for those that are complaining and are mad because of that. I was as well [/QUOTE]
I'm not saying that no other cars rattle but if you take some posts here at face value you would think that the whole car is like a bag of bolts on a vibrating floor.Dealers are often an issue, but to be fair they just can't repair stuff that they can't hear. There is also the problem that some rattles and zizzes are very difficult to isolate, locate and rectify and the dealer probably doesn't get paid by Nissan for the time to do so. I've never found a dealer or mechanic with much patience for this kind of thing. The air box or trunking rattle is easy to solve because it is just there, in their face. No excuse for that one. I had it on the Juke and I just used a long cable-tie, which I happened to have, to tension it against something [can't remember what"]. If I can do it, a dealer should certainly be able to.

Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Just one point on the subject

If the dealer does not believe there is an issue and the rattle ,noise, squeek only occurs when the car is cold, how about sugesting the dealer keeps the car overnight? I know this may be inconvienient but may result in resolving the issue or at least getting the dealer to agree that there is an issue.

The only real rattle issue I have had so far on my 1.6cvt was resolved by reading the forum (passenger seat belt not retracted correctly (I have retrained the wife!)
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Finally sold it back in January!
Could not stand the lack of quality despite the great looks and the economical drive.
I was also disappointed by the local Nissan importer, so Nissan no more for me!
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017