12 months on and goodbye

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
mgrolys

Post by mgrolys »

I had my Qashqai Tekna 1.6 4wd in March 2014 and now after 18000 miles I have sold it on and just wanted to mention a few things about the car. My reason for getting rid is that I now have 2 dogs and it just isn't big enough for 2 black labs and lots of photography and walking gear. Overall the car has been pretty reliable, good mileage 55mpg and I haven't had any major problems with the car. However I have damaged a couple of tyres on pot holes and scuffed a couple of the alloys which I have paid for to be repaired. I will never have these kind of tyres or wheels again, I have become paranoid about parking 2 foot away from the kerb as these wheels scratch easily. The people who design these cars need to try driving them for a while in rural areas with crappy roads to see that they are not really robust. Also some of the paintwork around the roof bars is begining to crack, this was covered on warranty. Internally the centre speed console plastic has become finely scratched with cleaning, this was done when i had it and has gradually got worse. Also a few quality issue with the plastic rivets on the door seals and a few things feel a bit flimsy.My main gripe but not a major issue has been the steering grind noise that comes and goes when turning the wheel, it appeared worse during the cold weather, this is now sorted after a lots of checkups and visits.... These garages need to read these forums, Also I live in as rural area and it coped ok with a bit of snow but really needs a set of winter tyres which would be a load more money on top of an expensive Qashqai.All things considered after 10 years of owning Xtrails for which I have never had any major problems, the Qashqai has been a bit of a disappointment from the durability point of view. I would be very concerned what it would be like after 3 years of ownership. I am done with Nissans now and this is primarily because they don't make a car now to suit my lifestyle or one robust or big enough for rural living. The only other thing I would add is the garage network is a very hit and miss and I have found it poor to be honest, but a choice of a 60 mile round trip or 100 mile round trip means sometimes you just put up with it.I've had fun driving this car but if I had to pick the same car again the only thing I would change would be the wheels and tyres to something smaller and less liable to get damaged. The only other thing I can say is the re-sale value is reasonably good, but that might be because there is such a large demand for them

mgrolys2015-04-18 15:19:40
1.6 dci Tekina 4x4 - loving it :-)

QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

i am glad my labs are brown. They fit in nicely ;)
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Interesting you too had roof rail paint issues, as I have; was your fault on the rails or end caps?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
TRON2

Post by TRON2 »

my car is coming up to a year old and i have noticed the ends of my roof rails are cracking. Its like the paint is peeling on them. Im glad other people are having the same problem. Will mention it when it goes in for its service next month.
Tronlegacy
Akobalm

Post by Akobalm »

And it will be goodbye from me too after 24 months, my QQ Premier Limited Edition has been a real pain in the ar*e and on reaching it's second birthday in March 2016 I will part with it.
I traded my very low mileage one year old Limited Edition Nissan X-Trail Auto for the above, the sat nav on the X-Trail was worse than useless and the vehicle did more miles to and from the dealership in an effort to get it to work properly as it would more often than enough show me as driving through fields or over housing estates.
However, my new QQ did exactly the same and is unfixable, it recently spent 48hrs in the local Nissan dealership's workshops being totally reprogrammed and "tested", but the only "improvement" I found afterwards was that a message would appear on the screen informing me that I should take a break when I was ten minutes into my journey!!!!
There is an orange triangle with an exclamation mark within on the instrument panel which stays illuminated for around two minutes after starting the engine and I have been assured that this is normal???
Warning beeps are often heard and the screen shows that there are obstructions either front or rear when all is clear, the lights on the inside of the vehicle front doors to warn of other vehicles in close proximity flash on and off when there is nothing there and are a real pain when driving in the rain.
Thanks to my trusty TomTom 1005 for keeping the show on the road when required, yes it will be goodbye Nissan at the end of February next year.
I like driving the vehicle, but the "extras" have done my head in.
If you can't join them, beat them ;)
Rob
Site Admin
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Rob »

Just to add that the warning triangle being on is normal, you only need to worry if it stays on.

Had me worried too when we first got ours.

Sorry to hear about the other issues though.
Akobalm

Post by Akobalm »

Thanks for that information Rob, my QQ looks really special in black, appears to be larger than others of a different colour, comfortable to travel in, just about to reach 8000 miles, 6000 of which were accumulated during a six weeks period in July / August this year, and I am sad that all the niggly bits wore me down.
I also run a Ford Fiesta Titanium, same age as my QQ and just parted with a Ford Ranger which I used on a major road construction job which would not have been too kind to my QQ, 68 years of age today and Mrs B has told me to retire, which I may do, reached 52 years in the construction industry today.
Glutton for punishment, so I have decided to purchase a Ford Edge when they finally go on sale in the UK in the near future, and to throw a spanner in the works, Jaguar will soon introduce their 4wd vehicle which looks interesting and expensive in top spec form.
Good luck to all of you who are having success with their QQ's.
If you can't join them, beat them ;)
PKP Pecheneg

Post by PKP Pecheneg »

Goodbye QQ, hello X5. Nothing but problems with a stop/start fault, media system/satnav crashes at the most inappropriate times...(8 visits for faults in as many months), dealership unhelpful and slow plus never anywhere to park. My first Nissan and last. The moral of the story is you get what you pay for!
Reevsey182

Post by Reevsey182 »

I have done 10k in my QQ and it is around 18 months old, it is 2 years old in May 2016 that is when the lease expires I certainly won't be having another QQ, I will go back to BMW, agreed you get what you pay for; another £20 per month gets me a decent specced BMW 5 series M sport on leasing.