auto Tekna arrived on Monday so I thought I'd leave a few initial
thoughts.

Lets get the
negatives out of the way first:

My previous car of
10 years was a C Class saloon, 1.8 pertol auto. So the obvious things
I noticed were, noisier engine, less comfort and slowness off the
mark. All this I expected as I took months studying the form book and
comparing cars before choosing the Qashqai.

The positives:

Looks, quality feel
interior, space, elevated driving position economy and gear box.

I really appreciate
the auto box, it's smooth and clever. In Drive the changes are
seamless and you only notice it working by looking at the rev
counter. In Ds the extra oomph isn't spectacular but it can aid quick
overtaking. Finally the 7 speed semi auto option is very good and I
use it a lot. The forum is a frightening place for people who have
ordered the auto option; I spent a few sleepless nights worrying
whether my box will be one of the bad ones a€“ I only hope that the
glitches some members have experienced are sorted out. However, if
you get a good one it's the best feature of the car [in my opinion"]].
When I get my head around the toys I'll let you know what I think. [I'm 64, pretty good on High-Tec but it's a baffling place at the moment"]].

I will be towing a
caravan in the next few weeks and I'll report back on that in due
course.

So, is it a good
car? Yes. Is it a brilliant car? Wait and seea€¦a€¦...

mikep

duncho

Post by duncho »

Enjoy it!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mike, welcome to the Forum. It is good to hear that you are happy at present with the QQ and especially again very positive comments on the Auto Box and it looks like the Auto has been sorted by Nissan. This type of comment must in IMHO put a lot of peoples minds at Rest !
Hopefully your will continue to enjoy the QQ, I have no caravan and I cannot remember ever reading about the experiences of Towing with the QQ J11 - a comment later might be worthwhile - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

It's a CVT box with some seriously clever software making you think it has cogs, but remember, it's just one ratio so is going to be smoother than anything with more than one gear :-)Saw a lot of bronze ones in Belgium last week - seems a very popular colour there and have to say, it must have passed me by over here as I thought it looked stunning.Enjoy the car - I'm at 22,000 miles now in 10 months and have to say, I still love it.
rm0rgan2015-07-24 08:38:16
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I picked up my 1.6dCi Xtronic Ntec+ yesterday. It's only had a 26 mile drive so far but initial impressions are generally favourable.

There's a slight vibration coming through the steering wheel and pedals at any speed over 5mph that never seems to go away. It's not there at idle and was certainly not present on the 1.2 petrol I test drove. Yes I know it's a diesel and therefore less refined, but I think I will be asking the dealer to look at wheel balance and tracking.

I had no trouble with Connect or Bluetooth, but I haven't yet found how to keep the phone audio on with the radio switched off (the phone rings but I can't hear any speech on answer). I suppose I will have to RTFM!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
vikingred

Post by vikingred »

I'm a month or more in and own a new 1.6d Tekna Xtronic. Driven to Sweden and back twice from Oslo and currently km stand at 3000. Very satisfied with the performance and ride quality. Car hasn't missed a beat and a pleasure to drive. 5 star rating from me so far...!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Glad to hear that Vikingred
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
montimar

Post by montimar »

Like you Mike I went from a Merc 1.8 C class Auto and the only thing I miss is the refinement. The QQ has a much better driving position and IMO more comfortable seats. After 18 months with only one minor problem I am well pleased with the car.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I expected poor fuel economy until the engine had done a few thousand miles, but with my total mileage so far at a dizzying 184 miles, mostly slow traffic, I've managed late 40s and a best-so-far of 54.5 Yay, go me!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

My best is 68.5 and long term average is 46, according to the on board computer. In reality it is 40mpg, consistently over a wide range of driving conditions, but never particularly fast.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.